• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Cheez-It Bowl - Oklahoma vs. Florida State Dec. 29th

Lost the pick em but won the parlay.

1672366178258.png

I was watching the NU mens basketball game in the living room and had the OU FSU game on in the kitchen. When I glanced at the football games Cheez-it trophy I thought it was an Orange Bowl trophy from days gone past. Then I realized it was possibly full of Cheez-its! My goodness that's an awful trophy. But kudos to the MBB team for a great game!

just want to point out that with this loss, its the sooners first losing record since 1998.....

also the irony that their HC is known for defense and it was the defense that was horrible all season long. 32.27pt avg given up. in fact, the last time the sooners gave up under 20 points avg per game in a season was 2006.....

Venables better produce next year. Less than 8 wins, he might be gone. Yet with the supposed precarious financial status of OU athletics and the hefty exit fees, they may have to stick it out a while longer than they’d like.

Venables better produce next year. Less than 8 wins, he might be gone. Yet with the supposed precarious financial status of OU athletics and the hefty exit fees, they may have to stick it out a while longer than they’d like.
oh yeah, hes on the hotseat. i wonder if they will be able to exit the big12 in june or will they continue. if they exit and goto the sec, i think they have a tough few years and he gets moved out.

Gundy is the one on the hot seat. The natives are getting restless in Stoolwater.

OU forgot to watch Bull Durham: you never mess with a winning streak!

After dumping Barry Switzer, they spent almost 20 years in the coaching wilderness until they got Bobby Stoops: "the winning streak".
He begot Lincoln Riley: the streak continues....

When Riley left for USC, OU goes outside of the "winning streak family" (yes I know that Venables was there for awhile with Stoops but he left/was asked to leave and was no longer 'family') and now you see the results.

There is a mystique to being a HC, it is not just recruiting, putting a staff together, etc.

I go back to my Napoleon quote: "yes, I know he is good General, but is he lucky". And it is always better to be lucky than good :).

Venables does not last 4 years in Norman, they are too demanding......

OU forgot to watch Bull Durham: you never mess with a winning streak!

After dumping Barry Switzer, they spent almost 20 years in the coaching wilderness until they got Bobby Stoops: "the winning streak".
He begot Lincoln Riley: the streak continues....

When Riley left for USC, OU goes outside of the "winning streak family" (yes I know that Venables was there for awhile with Stoops but he left/was asked to leave and was no longer 'family') and now you see the results.

There is a mystique to being a HC, it is not just recruiting, putting a staff together, etc.

I go back to my Napoleon quote: "yes, I know he is good General, but is he lucky". And it is always better to be lucky than good :).

Venables does not last 4 years in Norman, they are too demanding......
Hey SuperGenius 1989-1998 isn’t close to 20 years. I guess that N really does stand for kNowledge.

I wish OU had done something smart like hire Mike Riley. Now there’s a coach.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back