• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Chase Rome

Status
Not open for further replies.

denisonred

Travel Squad
15 Year Member
I do not know what precipitated his leaving the team earlier this year and its in the past. It did not seem like a big deal at the time when he returned. Now I am glad he returned as we will really need him to step up Saturday night. As it is we are pretty thin at defensive tackle but without him we would really but thin.

I do not know what precipitated his leaving the team earlier this year and its in the past. It did not seem like a big deal at the time when he returned. Now I am glad he returned as we will really need him to step up Saturday night. As it is we are pretty thin at defensive tackle but without him we would really but thin.
The team you have the best chance to make - and to start for - is the one you are on... Fortunately for both parties Rome figured that one out... Quitting and transferring can many times be a lose lose situation (yes it can also be a win win in some circumstances)... but Rome leaving would have been LL and IMO Sam Keller transferring from ASU was a LL for him and ASU... and maybe even for Bill Callahan (what if Joey Ganz started the full year in 2008)...:eek:

I'm glad he's back, I think that he has a lot of potential. Now I want to see that nasty come out of him, that I know he possesses. I think he needs to go have a few one on ones with Jason Peter this week.

He will step up... I was singing his praises at the beginning of the year, and he never turned out to where I thought he would be, I thought he would be playing at an all-connference level right now. The midseason problem may have got in the way, but now is as big of a time as ever.

He played really, really well against Iowa. He had 6 tackles and was a big reason why Iowa didn't have much success running the ball in the 2nd half. I think with him starting and getting into the flow of the game early on will help him perform at a high level than he did much of the year when coming off the bench

The guy has his chance to shine. Let's go. I have read Rome bring some nasty to the field.

He played really, really well against Iowa. He had 6 tackles and was a big reason why Iowa didn't have much success running the ball in the 2nd half. I think with him starting and getting into the flow of the game early on will help him perform at a high level than he did much of the year when coming off the bench
I also noticed that he played well at Iowa.
i hope he likes indoors in Indy.

I'm glad he's back, I think that he has a lot of potential. Now I want to see that nasty come out of him, that I know he possesses. I think he needs to go have a few one on ones with Jason Peter this week.

Last tackle that had a one on one with JP started stomping on NFL players.....;)

Chase Rome has done little, if anything, to live up to the "hype" when he came in. Now is the time, for him to prove why folks should "Google me!" (which, unfortunately, he has told people to do while pounding his chest in the Haymarket). Lordy. He needs the same attitude adjustment that Derrie Nelson got back on the late 1970s... and that happened at the hands of a former (older) teammate, which I say was a pleasure to witness. Earn your hype, son -- on the field. Time to make a name for yourself as a tough guy beyond high school and outside the Haymarket.

Last edited:

I think that Jason and Christian should take him down the shore and get in some bar brawls, that'll teach him "nasty."

I think that Jason and Christian should take him down the shore and get in some bar brawls, that'll teach him "nasty."

He'd wet his pants. He needs to get serious or risk becoming the next Lawrence Hart (remember him? Lived on his hype). He was the next Rich Glover, etc. (I think I last saw him busing tables at The Cornhusker).

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back