• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Chaos in Camp Klinsmann?

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
This is taking off.....and the more I think about it this is probably the worst thing this team could have had happened this week....

Brian Straus of the Sporting News went and dropped a bomb on the United States soccer community with a story that reveals growing discontent among the player with Jurgen Klinsmann and the direction of the program.

I do think that if you’ve been paying attention, this piece shouldn’t comes as a huge surprise. The bubbles have been popping up for a few months now.
To me, there are really two separate issues at work here: 1) Klinsmann’s inability — perceived or otherwise — to coach the team and 2) growing division within the squad itself.

I actually think the second one is more concerning. The first issue — not being ready for individual games and/or not being given a game plan — is a problem because the U.S. needs to win and it needs to win now (or Friday, more specifically). But that’s the type of thing that can pretty easily be rectified pretty simply in a number of different ways.

The second one, however, is a much bigger, systemic problem. I tackled the issue of building community on a diverse team, and one of the major takeaways was that once resentment seeps in, it’s incredibly hard to eliminate. Divisions on the national team aren’t going to go away with a simple coaching change if it does get to that point. (Mr. Arena, you listening?) It will take months and perhaps years of hard work to undo that damage. If Klinsmann’s goal is to build a strong national team for the future, this doesn’t seem like the best way to go about accomplishing that task.

Much more: http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/19/chaos-in-camp-klinsmann/

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back