• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Chances of Winning

The talent gap and understanding how to win a game is much wider against Oklahoma this Saturday than against FSU in 94.

Can you imagine the 1993 defense going against the 2021 offensive line? Adrian Martinez would be lucky to have one 10 yard run against Trev Alberts and crew.

I guess anything is possible…though I haven’t won the lottery yet. :thumbsup:
Exactly correct. The mental condition of the 93 team wasn't years ahead of this year's team. Although, it appears both the 93 and 21 teams had the same success in field goals. ;)

Well put. I've decided to adopt "Weird Expectation of a Miracle!" as my personal life's motto. AND IT STARTS THIS SATURDAY!!!
So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, “Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know.” And he says, “Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but after the Oklahoma game, late in the 4th quarter, you will receive total consciousness.” So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, “Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know.” And he says, “Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but after the Oklahoma game, late in the 4th quarter, you will receive total consciousness.” So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.
I'd probably take the win over OU instead of total consciousness. Consciousness is overrated.

Last edited:
So everyone has us losing cause that's the popular train of thinking. Don't care, someone has to believe, that'll be me . When Frost is back next year and brings us back, I'll be telling you so.
No, most have NU losing because they have stunk, and this looks like a mismatch, based on the way the teams have preformed in the past several years. That’s why.

So everyone has us losing cause that's the popular train of thinking. Don't care, someone has to believe, that'll be me . When Frost is back next year and brings us back, I'll be telling you so.
I admire your plucky, can do spirit. :Koolaid2:

You could make a strong argument that Frost’s record at NU could have easily been 20-12, instead of 12-20 coming into this season. I mean, how many close games where Nebraska easily could have won? Probably 10 at least. That said, it’s his job to fix all that, and thus far, it’s still the same. Illinois, game 1, perfect example.

This is why I keep saying NU should be going 9-3, 10-2 almost annually. I mean, on paper, NU has more talent than everyone except Ohio State, Oklahoma (to a much lesser degree), and possibly Michigan. That’s it. The other teams? They beat you with smart play, scheme, and sound execution. So, in other words, very good coaching and development.
I don't agree with the talent assessment. It would be interesting to see where our class ranks are with all of the people that have transferred out or never came. They are clearly not top 20. Because of all the losses we have similar talent to Minnesota. Probably a bit less than Wisconsin and Iowa. Tucker will have MSU past us in two years.

As Bill Parcells once said. You are what your record says you are. It is not all coaching.

Few down here think Nebraska is any good at all. They get a bit of credit for the D, which I personally don’t understand, but mostly, they think NU stinks. Lincoln Riley said, when I turn on the tape, they have some players. How much of that is coach speak? Only he knows.
Regardless of coach speak - "they have some players"? That is a kind way of saying we are where we should be.

I have watched a good 35-40 Oklahoma games in the last 5 years. They have playmakers and Gray the transfer from Tennessee scares the dickens out of me.

That being said... If Nebraska blocks at the point of attack points can be scored on this OU D. This feeling that Nebraska is vastly out talented is fictional. 85% of it is between the ears... if we play clean we will not get blown out.

Last edited:
I have watched a good 35-40 Oklahoma games in the last 5 years. They have playmakers and Gray the transfer from Tennessee scares the dickens out of me.

That being said... If Nebraska blocks at the point of attack points can be scored on this OU D. This feeling that Nebraska is vastly out talented is fictional. 85% of it is between the ears... if we play clean we will not get blown out.
Sor

I don't think most believe that OU is vastly more talented than us. They're just vastly better than us on the whole.

I don't agree with the talent assessment. It would be interesting to see where our class ranks are with all of the people that have transferred out or never came. They are clearly not top 20. Because of all the losses we have similar talent to Minnesota. Probably a bit less than Wisconsin and Iowa. Tucker will have MSU past us in two years.

As Bill Parcells once said. You are what your record says you are. It is not all coaching.
The portal is hitting every school, not just Nebraska. So, I’m guessing you believe NU has worse talent than northwestern, Illinois, Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Indiana, Oklahoma State, Iowa State and a host of others? BS, I’m not buying it. There is talent on this roster, it’s just not playing up to potential. That is development and coaching. There are 2 teams on the schedule with more talent than NU, clearly Ohio State, and to a lesser degree Oklahoma. Michigan I’m unsure of. Other than that, no one has a decisive talent gap over Nebraska. It should have enough talent to compete with most anyone. I it’s all scheme and coaching bruh. Stop with the no talent excuse. It’s nonsense.

Last edited:

The portal is hitting every school, not just Nebraska. So, I’m guessing you believe NU has worse talent than northwestern, Illinois, Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Indiana, Oklahoma State, Iowa State and a host of others? BS, I’m not buying it. There is talent on this roster, it’s just not playing up to potential. That is development and coaching. There are 2 teams on the schedule with more talent than NU, Ohio State, and to a lesser degree Oklahoma. Michigan I’m unsure of. Other than that, it’s all coaching bruh. Stop with the no talent excuse. It’s nonsense.
Completely agree.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back