• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Chances of Winning

BLyons11

Recruit
5 Year Member
From what I can tell online 17 point dogs have about an 8% chance to win outright…curious to know thoughts on us winning outright.
I don’t think we’re as bad as we played against Illinois and I also don’t think OU is the 3rd best team in the country.

Last edited:
From what I can tell online 17 point dogs have about an 8% chance to win outright…curious to know thoughts on us winning outright.
I don’t think we’re as bad as we played against Illinois and I also don’t think OU is the 3rd best team in the country.
We are about to find out

NU fans never think OU is all that.

Correct- although K State was a 28 point dog when they beat OU last year

Compare last years KSU roster to this fall's Nebraska bunch.

Individual to individual, Nebraska is superior. Still not a one for one match with the Sooners, but few are.

They still find a way to lose a game or two a year.

Why not Saturday?

Why not Nebraska?

The worm has to turn sooner or later.

Individual to individual, Nebraska is superior. Still not a one for one match with the Sooners, but few are.

Why not Saturday?

Why not Nebraska?

I’ve thought that for a while, that things would turn. It seems like, for every good thing, there are two bad things. Like, you can never just get some good fortune. I think Nebraska has enough talent to beat OU, they aren’t Alabama. Nebraska is long overdo for some good things to bounce their way. It will need a punt to bounce oddly, off an OU player, get a tipped int, a fumble recovery, a key sack, just anything. It just seems by and large, those always go the other way. I’ve said it before, but it feels like a curse of some sort, and I don’t even buy into that stuff.

Probably less than an 8% chance as we're 22.5 point dogs.

Though it's one thing to recognize there's always a chance any given Saturday etc.

Keeping from turning that into some kind of weird expectation of a miracle is another thing entirely.

(Not saying anyone here is but you know some people are)

I’ve thought that for a while, that things would turn. It seems like, for every good thing, there are two bad things. Like, you can never just get some good fortune. I think Nebraska has enough talent to beat OU, they aren’t Alabama. Nebraska is long overdo for some good things to bounce their way. It will need a punt to bounce oddly, off an OU player, get a tipped int, a fumble recovery, a key sack, just anything. It just seems by and large, those always go the other way. I’ve said it before, but it feels like a curse of some sort, and I don’t even buy into that stuff.

My dad said as far back as I can remember that you make your own luck.

I think there is some truth in that.

We've seen glimpses of what could be this year.

Hopefully we see the whole enchilada this Saturday.

My dad said as far back as I can remember that you make your own luck.

I think there is some truth in that.

We've seen glimpses of what could be this year.

Hopefully we see the whole enchilada this Saturday.
You’re dad is right, but getting some good fortune, most don’t understand that. It could be the job interviewer saying yes to you. The bank saying yes for your business loan. The Dr saying, it’s not cancer. The slots lining up. The ball bouncing in your favor. Some good fortune never hurt anyone and in that regard, Nebraska is due.

You’re dad is right, but getting some good fortune, most don’t understand that. It could be the job interviewer saying yes to you. The bank saying yes for your business loan. The Dr saying, it’s not cancer. The slots lining up. The ball bouncing in your favor. Some good fortune never hurt anyone and in that regard, Nebraska is due.

We're all due.

Bring the freaking pain.....to the other side....this Saturday.

Why not Saturday?

Why not Nebraska?

Love my huskers but, per bolded, as opposed to Nebraska finding ways to lose 5-8 games a year?

Man, me personally, I’d so love it if NU could win this game. It would make the next few weeks joyous. I have so many OU friends. Good thing is, most don’t rub me wrong much anymore. It’s not any fun anymore to beat Nebraska.

Right now, it's even less fun to get beaten by Nebraska.

Let's hope they have zero freaking fun.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back