• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Champions League last eight

HuskerMaestro

I play for Nebraska.
10 Year Member
Chelsea somehow get through with an extra-time winner from Ivanovic - listened on BBC radio and the announcers admitted they weren't hopeful before the game started. They made up a 3-1 deficit with the 4-1 win. Thrilling listening. EPL not done yet, RR. :) It'll be interesting to see who they're drawn against...clearly not the caliber of yesteryear Chelsea, according to the BBC commentators. You gotta love honest commentary...US announcers could learn a lot from these guys.

Last eight:

AC Milan
APOEL FC (Cyprus, first ever quarterfinal)
Chelsea
Barcelona
Bayern Munich
Marseille
Real Madrid
Benfica

Spain is the only country with two clubs remaining. Bayern have a chance to play the final in their home stadium...has that ever happened before?

Draw to be announced tomorrow at 11 GMT...no seeding, so Madrid and Barca could meet, theoretically. Next matches 27/28 March and 3/4 April.

Chelsea somehow get through with an extra-time winner from Ivanovic - listened on BBC radio and the announcers admitted they weren't hopeful before the game started. They made up a 3-1 deficit with the 4-1 win. Thrilling listening. EPL not done yet, RR. :) It'll be interesting to see who they're drawn against...clearly not the caliber of yesteryear Chelsea, according to the BBC commentators. You gotta love honest commentary...US announcers could learn a lot from these guys.

Last eight:

AC Milan
APOEL FC (Cyprus, first ever quarterfinal)
Chelsea
Barcelona
Bayern Munich
Marseille
Real Madrid
Benfica

Spain is the only country with two clubs remaining. Bayern have a chance to play the final in their home stadium...has that ever happened before?

Draw to be announced tomorrow at 11 GMT...no seeding, so Madrid and Barca could meet, theoretically. Next matches 27/28 March and 3/4 April.

Benfica is from Portugal, BM is German, Marseille is French I believe, no ManU :Biggrin:

Great game yesterday by Chelsea. :woohoo:

Would be weird to see them win the CL, but fail to finish in the top 4 of the BPL. Long ways to go though.

I agree 4evr, I'm liking the Man U-less CL, and FA Cup also!

Not sure Chelsea has it in them to win this year...their good players are just getting too old, I think. Bayern-Barca would be an instant classic, I think. :)

Not sure Chelsea has it in them to win this year...their good players are just getting too old, I think. Bayern-Barca would be an instant classic, I think. :)

Chelsea winning the whole thing is a pipe dream, but it is nice they are still alive in the CL and FA Cup. I get to rub it in a little bit to my brothers who are Man U and Man City fans.

As a Bayern fan, we sometimes do not play with a sense of urgency. If they do play their best, they can beat anyone, in their last 2 games(Bundesliga + Champions League) they have scored 14 goals, and this has been with Schweinsteiger hurt, but they also dropped from the top spot in the league with a poor showing after the winter break. Barcelona and Real Madrid is just loaded with talent, and will be hard to beat

Here are the results of the draw:

AC Milan - Barcelona
Chelsea - Benfica

Real Madrid - APOEL
Marseille - Bayern

Chelsea may just have a chance to get to the semis...an all-Spanish final is also a distinct possibility.

Here are my picks:

AC Milan - Barcelona Barcelona has just to much talent. AC Milan has talent, but not of the same caliber
Chelsea - Benfica New manager, new life...BUT DO NOT sleep on Benfica, until the 1st round of the quarters they had not lost and that includes matches against Man U and fellow quarterfinal participants FC Basel

Real Madrid - APOEL this could get ugly, or be one heck of a story if APOEL somehow won :) other than a late draw in stoppage time, vs. CSKA Moscow, Real have not even been remotely challenged

Marseille - Bayern going with my heart, but imo the TOUGHEST draw for either team, Marseille squeaked thru both rounds, so why is this tough Dotsee, you are a Bayern fan. Marseille has a huge feather in their cap in they beat a team Bayern has had a lot of difficulty with in the past 2 seasons....defending Bundesliga champs Borussia Dortmund...twice. Now that could be simply that Dortmund are tired of hearing about Bayern and want to show people what they are capable of...Bayern is 0-3 in their last 3 matches vs. BD. Why tough for Marseille, like I said above, when on their game at full strength Bayern is one of the top clubs in Europe. Manuel Neuer is one of the top 5 goalies in the world, and the ever switching combo of Ribery and Robben combined with Gomez, Kroos and Schweinsteiger can make them a nightmare....and Schweinsteiger should be back at full strength.

AC Milan - Barcelona
Chelsea - Benfica

Real Madrid - APOEL
Marseille - Bayern

These are my picks. Barca is so talented, that I would be shocked if they were not in the final.

Chelsea - Cech in the pipes is a good thing for this club, as well as being able to filed players like Didier Drogba, Ashley Cole, Frank Lampard, Fernando Torres, makes Chelsea a hard team to pick against. That, and I am not a fan of Benfica. :Biggrin:

Real Madrid - Like Barca, supremely talented and hard to pick against them in this round as well.

Bayern should not have any problems with Marseille, as that side has been more of a disappointment than anything else this season.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back