• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

CFP: ND-Alabama

Hard to imagine ND getting enough stops to keep this competitive. I still don't think ND should be in this game but the opponent for Alabama was almost certainly irrelevant.

Ohhh, so THAT'S what a screen pass is supposed to look like!

Only thing that Bama Infomercial didn't have after the game was Nick's private number on the screen for 5 stars to give Nick a call. :rolleyes:

alabamas one on one tackling in the open field was amazing. ND definately deserved to be there, they have really improved their team..... but Alabama is just that good, unfortunately

alabamas one on one tackling in the open field was amazing. ND definately deserved to be there, they have really improved their team..... but Alabama is just that good, unfortunately
Agree. I can be pretty critical of Notre Dame but honestly they have nothing to apologize for. There are about 100 other teams that would like to be in their shoes right now.

1609642111572.png

Brian Kelly whining over the past week Notre Dame deserved to be here was and is absurd

Going to be a blowout

I can't fault Kelly for stumping for his team, regardless of how ridiculous I thought it was to include Notre Dame in the CFP. Any coach in a similar position would have pushed for his team to be included in the CFP. The real problem lies with the CFP Committee that determined Notre Dame is one of the top four teams.

ND with the backdoor cover. Felt like Alabama shut it down with the comfortable lead.

From a win/loss perspective, Alabama was never threatened in this game. The Tide definitely shut things down early. Smart move. Why bother showing the next opponent anything (additional) if it didn't have to?

Notre Dame played better than it did against Clemson the previous outing in the ACC Championship. It just didn't have enough elite skill position players to consistently stress Alabama's defense.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back