• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Central Nebraska Baseball

https://fremonttribune.com/news/loc...cde-6dd5-5906-8762-8fff559d4e7d.html#comments

Not so much about Fremont, and I don't follow baseball much, but this seems like a good thing for those college baseball kids in the area. I am sure this is no 'Cape Cod' league but who knows.

The problem with these teams is that they rise up and close down frequently. In addition, they take away from the resources allocated to local baseball.

Now, if a college summer team would get started in a town like, say, a fictional town named Learney, and give preference to Learney kids that need a home to play summer ball, under the umbrella of the organization that brought them up. Now, that might be an idea that could get some traction.

Last edited:

The problem with these teams is that they rise up and close down frequently. In addition, they take away from the resources allocated to local baseball.

Now, if a college summer team would get started in a town like, say, a fictional town named Learney, and give preference to Learney kids that need a home to play summer ball, under the umbrella of the organization that brought them up. Now, that might be an idea that could get some traction.

Are you familiar at all with this league?

Expedition League Inc., which is a summer collegiate baseball league

Are you familiar at all with this league?

Expedition League Inc., which is a summer collegiate baseball league
Being from Scottsbluff, a high school coach of mine included a league schedule with the pack of baseball cards that he sent my 10 year old earlier this summer. We got online and looked at all the rosters. They are expecting to expand the league to a few more teams in each division. If we had made it back to Scottsbluff when the season was going on, we were going check a game out.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back