• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Cecil Hotel

Lakewood Husker

All Big 10
15 Year Member
Overrated , a glorified Discovery ID tv episode the only thing interesting is the weird world of Web Sleuth's that exist among us

otherwise/ blah

About the kind of garbage to expect from Netflix. At least this one was not 90% foreign language and subtitles.

Overrated , a glorified Discovery ID tv episode the only thing interesting is the weird world of Web Sleuth's that exist among us

otherwise/ blah

It started off really good and creepy. And then just completely petered out. That unfortunately seems to be a common thing with these 4-8 episode documentaries these days.

Checkout the Mormon series it is a little better.

Yeah, probably a little better, but neither were great. I still got something out of both, however.

I'd say 80% of what I watch on Netflix are documentaries.

Don't F*ck with Cats has some similar themes to Hotel Cecil -- the idea of internet sleuthing -- but far more entertainment value.

Evil Genius is another I was highly entertained by -- definitely the case where real life is stranger (much stranger, in this case) than fiction.

The Staircase and The Keepers are two more I enjoyed.

Yeah, probably a little better, but neither were great. I still got something out of both, however.

I'd say 80% of what I watch on Netflix are documentaries.

Don't F*ck with Cats has some similar themes to Hotel Cecil -- the idea of internet sleuthing -- but far more entertainment value.

Evil Genius is another I was highly entertained by -- definitely the case where real life is stranger (much stranger, in this case) than fiction.

The Staircase and The Keepers are two more I enjoyed.

Both of those are absolutely great. The Staircase happened in the city I grew up and went to high school in.

The Staircase was fascinating. The fact that the guy decided from the onset to record everything for a span of many years is pretty amazing.

I recall the house being in or near Durham, right?

Yeah, it's in a neighborhood near downtown Durham where all the doctors and other rich people who work at Duke live. Peterson also ran for mayor of Durham at one point. A side note, but the guy who prosecuted the Peterson case, Michael Nifong, was also the prosecutor who tried to falsely convict the Duke lacrosse players.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back