• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Cease and Desist

Oldgrappler

Recruit
2 Year Member
If the 12 can send one over to ESPN, why cant UNL send one over to ESPN and specifically to Desmond Howard and Herbstreit for being Husker Haters. Can’t tell you how many times I will listen to game day and those two seam to spit out the husker hate.

Just a thought

If the 12 can send one over to ESPN, why cant UNL send one over to ESPN and specifically to Desmond Howard and Herbstreit for being Husker Haters. Can’t tell you how many times I will listen to game day and those two seam to spit out the husker hate.

Just a thought
It’s a good thought!!

Just a thought
I quit watching those clowns about 2007 or so. I can’t even stand to hear Herbstreits voice. It’s going to continue to be the SEC show. It’s like nails on a chalk board.

Just a thought
I actually met Herbstreit a few years ago. He doesn't hate the Huskers. Howard OTOH, can't stand that guy.

I quit watching those clowns about 2007 or so. I can’t even stand to hear Herbstreits voice. It’s going to continue to be the SEC show. It’s like nails on a chalk board.
It went from a morning tradition, to something I stuck out of tradition for a bit, to something I've had no interest in for many, many years. They are very transparent, and I'm not necessarily talking about Husker hate, but the agenda they drive to line their pockets and the puppets who participate.

Just a thought
I quit watching Game Day unless it's at Lincoln or where Nebraska is playing on the road. We'll see how it is minus Urban Meyer, but the Fox pregame show is much better from a content standpoint. It's lacks a lot of the fanfare and hoopla if you're into that.

Yeah, haven't watched Gameday in years, other than when they were in Lincoln. I love the on campus atmosphere, but the content of the show is a lot of fluff, and too centered around the top teams. I thought I read somewhere that they were gonna try to get back to its roots this year, for lack of a better term. FWIW, ESPN on the whole, outside of live games, is just unwatchable to me. I feel likes its gone the route of MTV, used to have a product I really enjoyed, but then got away from it in pandering to a completely different crowd.

Yeah, haven't watched Gameday in years, other than when they were in Lincoln. I love the on campus atmosphere, but the content of the show is a lot of fluff, and too centered around the top teams. I thought I read somewhere that they were gonna try to get back to its roots this year, for lack of a better term. FWIW, ESPN on the whole, outside of live games, is just unwatchable to me. I feel likes its gone the route of MTV, used to have a product I really enjoyed, but then got away from it in pandering to a completely different crowd.
Money, and they will sell their soul to get it!

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this is a hot take, but I don't think ESPN Gameday has really changed all that much since the '90s. Reece Davis and Chris Fowler are practically the same person and Herbstreet's analysis doesn't strike me as much different than Craig James'. It's always been more narrative driven than Xs and Os driven.

The main difference is that Nebraska has mostly been hot garbage for the past 20 years. With the exceptions of 2009 (when Suh captured national attention) and 2010 (TMart looked like a Heisman candidate early), the coverage has moslty been in the vein of "what happened to Nebraska?" Naturally, we are going to hate it.

Last edited:

I'm not sure if this is a hot take, but I don't think ESPN Gameday has really changed all that much since the '90s. Reece Davis and Chris Fowler are practically the same person and the Herbstreet's analysis doesn't strike me as much different than Craig James'. It's always been more narrative driven than Xs and Os driven.

The main difference is that Nebraska has mostly been hot garbage for the past 20 years. With the exceptions of 2009 (when Suh captured national attention) and 2010 (TMart looked like a Heisman candidate early), the coverage has moslty been in the vein of "what happened to Nebraska?" Naturally, we are going to hate it.
I’m not sure about Gameday since I haven’t watched it in twenty years but ESPN overall isn’t interesting to me. I don’t watch any sports talk shows anymore. They all are boring.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back