• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Cease and Desist

I’m not sure about Gameday since I haven’t watched it in twenty years but ESPN overall isn’t interesting to me. I don’t watch any sports talk shows anymore. They all are boring.
The only thing I watch on ESPN besides games is basketball and football Gameday

I’m not sure about Gameday since I haven’t watched it in twenty years but ESPN overall isn’t interesting to me. I don’t watch any sports talk shows anymore. They all are boring.

I used to watch Gameday, PTI and Around the Horn somewhat consistently. What changed for me is the internet. Once I could come online and find tons of content dedicated specifically to my favorite teams/individuals, it didn't make sense to sit through 30 to 60 minute programs for 90 seconds of the content that interested me.

I'm not sure if this is a hot take, but I don't think ESPN Gameday has really changed all that much since the '90s. Reece Davis and Chris Fowler are practically the same person and the Herbstreet's analysis doesn't strike me as much different than Craig James'. It's always been more narrative driven than Xs and Os driven.

The main difference is that Nebraska has mostly been hot garbage for the past 20 years. With the exceptions of 2009 (when Suh captured national attention) and 2010 (TMart looked like a Heisman candidate early), the coverage has moslty been in the vein of "what happened to Nebraska?" Naturally, we are going to hate it.

That is a very solid, well thought-out post. I hadn’t looked at it that way before.

If the 12 can send one over to ESPN, why cant UNL send one over to ESPN and specifically to Desmond Howard and Herbstreit for being Husker Haters. Can’t tell you how many times I will listen to game day and those two seam to spit out the husker hate.

Just a thought

We all know why Herbstreit doesn't like us..........

Nickname.........

Unknown.jpeg

I'm not sure if this is a hot take, but I don't think ESPN Gameday has really changed all that much since the '90s. Reece Davis and Chris Fowler are practically the same person and Herbstreet's analysis doesn't strike me as much different than Craig James'. It's always been more narrative driven than Xs and Os driven.

The main difference is that Nebraska has mostly been hot garbage for the past 20 years. With the exceptions of 2009 (when Suh captured national attention) and 2010 (TMart looked like a Heisman candidate early), the coverage has moslty been in the vein of "what happened to Nebraska?" Naturally, we are going to hate it.
I disagree. I think it's become largely a parody of itself and culprit number one is Lee Corso. Dude needs to retire.

I'm not sure if this is a hot take, but I don't think ESPN Gameday has really changed all that much since the '90s. Reece Davis and Chris Fowler are practically the same person and Herbstreet's analysis doesn't strike me as much different than Craig James'. It's always been more narrative driven than Xs and Os driven.

Well said

What’s really unfortunate for NU fans is that when we were dominate and unbeatable…is that we did not have the 24/7 coverage that exists today. We didn’t get to see and hear the praise or even the haters outside of our own media bubble. By the time we got there, we were a shadow of our former selves.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back