• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

CBS Sports / Inevitable

This and reading the article he cites two anonymous AD’s. How many AD’s told him they believe there will be a season but that goes against an agenda and narrative.

There’s what, over 55 power AD’s including some independents and he mentions two.

I just think people need to take a deep breath including the poster that is continually posting these types of threads with alarming thread titles. Not trying to get personal or argumentative but there have been too many “the sky is falling” threads.
Amen to that. Plus, it seems like Nebraska is pretty committed to playing regardless of any other AD or conference. We have heard rumors of joining the Big 12 for a year and I even of just playing local teams. Seems like there might be football in Lincoln this fall regardless of anything else. Sure hope so!

It's too dangerous to play football, but so much has to go on to continue to feed, house and service this country.

What's frustrating for me is that I HAVE to go out and expose myself to the virus, because I have no choice. I work in an 'Essential' business, we've never slowed down and I'm out in it ever single day. I have to be. I have bills to pay, a family to feed and I'm not getting laid off or furloughed. I go out and work and risk bringing it back to my family, who're apparently not important either. I have no choice and that's supposed to be OK because I work in an industry that provides a service that's required?

Play football.

Fans, no fans, whatever. Play football.

The players want to! and the things they have requested seem to be things that Nebraska is already providing!

It looks like Ohio state players, parents, and athletic department really wants to play and they are boss of Big 10. We will see how it goes!
Good point. If the power players of the conference - and the country - push one way, then it makes sense to push in that way as well. No way the conference wants to be at odds with their prominent member

Good point. If the power players of the conference - and the country - push one way, then it makes sense to push in that way as well. No way the conference wants to be at odds with their prominent member

When it comes to power players in the midst of this craziness......no matter how players, oaches, and fans feel about it... the power players are the university presidents not the football teams...

Everything in 2020 America is about risk management.

Can you imagine the heat an AD at any University would take if they decide to play and one kid dies of Covid?
Yes and no. University presidents have many risks they have to consider. If the virus is too risky to have kids play then are not dormitories too risky as well? (A friend couple who are communistic professors at a liberal arts school are very concerned about this). If a University goes all on-line, can you really justify $30-50k per year? There are many kids opting for community colleges or a gap year.

So imho there could be massive unintended consequences to cancelling football for Univerities.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back