• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

CBS Sports Bud Elliott says NU can’t get top portal QBs with Satterfield as OC.

Yeah it had finally quieted down and 36Blast woke you up.

Oh wait that's probably not what you mean. :)

88ko8p.jpg

I was under the impression CT didn't fight to stay here. Simple as that. MR sits down with every player and they talk. I'm certain CT sat down with MR.
With nothing on HH, little and not looking promising on CP at the time, getting JS only made sense and NOTHING was stopping CT from competing and staying, especially after sitting down with MR.

I believe the qbs they are looking at for portal is the same approach, earn it, no favoritism everyone gets a look. Believe in yourself, they'll put you in a position to win with what the team is made up of. No sugar coating, the staff knows what they've got. If a qb, be it CT or someone from the portal, earn it, grind.
Ty is coming back, he's said many a time, it doesn't change, the message on expectations and direction and focus is always the same from the staff. MR won't have it any other way, what does that leave you then?

Start reading the thread
Post 303

haha, totally missed this first post.

Obviously we're forced to read between the lines, but isn't that what we do? CT is a senior and him (and his dad) have aspirations of him playing on Sunday's, whether or not he's good enough is a discussion for another day, but he couldn't afford to spend his last year as a backup and I would hope that MR pointed that out to him. It doesn't make any sense that MR would run off an experienced quarterback, especially after he saw how weak we are at that position. CT got hurt and Sims faltered, but hindsight is always 20/20.

Obviously we're forced to read between the lines, but isn't that what we do? CT is a senior and him (and his dad) have aspirations of him playing on Sunday's, whether or not he's good enough is a discussion for another day, but he couldn't afford to spend his last year as a backup and I would hope that MR pointed that out to him. It doesn't make any sense that MR would run off an experienced quarterback, especially after he saw how weak we are at that position. CT got hurt and Sims faltered, but hindsight is always 20/20.
That MR needed to point out to him what? What I think is he told him what he saw in his game. And that he'd be in a competition as every player here is, as has every player at every team he's coached has.

The message is the same, he gets his players, and those players then get him. CT would have gotten a shot in game if they were close in what they bring.
Now the vision may have been more qb carry than CT was comfortable with, but at that time, our rb room and wr room were looking good to really nice.
I think CT just didn't either want the style of play or wanted credit not earned under MR.

Sorry if my post came off abrasive. If it did, again, sorry. But MR doesn't change and the kids love it

It often amazes me the number and consistency of fans that want to blame Rhule for running off CT in favor of a turnover machine Sims. None of those people will look at the facts.

Rhule didn’t run him off but he probably should have. Sims had 3 interceptions in 22. CT had 10. If I was Rhule I definitely would have been looking for a better option than CT the turnover machine. Regardless, Sims performed much worse than his 22 stats, CT performed even worse with 5 interceptions in 2.5 games. Neither turned out to be good.

Sorry if my post came off abrasive. If it did, again, sorry. But MR doesn't change and the kids love it
No worries, you can never tell the timbre of a typed message, I never took it as abrasive. It's great to hear all the different opinions on what we all love and we're on the same page, just a little different take. GBR

No worries, you can never tell the timbre of a typed message, I never took it as abrasive. It's great to hear all the different opinions on what we all love and we're on the same page, just a little different take. GBR
Well, just ignore that first sentence. Its only opinions aided by numbers and past history and repeated actions.

I hope to get a good qb and put Mr Elliiot in his place.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks