• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

CB Tamon Lynum is N

The coaches wouldn't have accepted his offer this early in the process if they didn't like him a lot. This is a good example where the star ratings at this point are meaningless.
:Huskerflag:

The services have not even evaluated this kid. Our coaches have and took his commitment early and that speaks loud to me. Not a late season flyer or a reach because you want to fill a slot.

Agree. When Fisher seen him in person he offered right away and pushed to get an official (according to 247 article posted). That in itself speaks volumes over the star services, this is a kid they have evaluated and pushed hard to get.

Welcome to N Tamon.

It makes sense that a CB like this would jump out more in person at a camp than on film if opposing teams generally aren't throwing his way. At the camps he gets to match up with the best WRs, and the QBs have to throw his way, so Fisher probably saw more at one camp than all of his seasons of film, combined, could show.

It makes sense that a CB like this would jump out more in person at a camp than on film if opposing teams generally aren't throwing his way. At the camps he gets to match up with the best WRs, and the QBs have to throw his way, so Fisher probably saw more at one camp than all of his seasons of film, combined, could show.
I kind of wish he was a silent commit, and even a silent offer, and even that we could have snuck him into town under cover of darkness. Now the world will know there's something there.

I guess I'm as optimistic as I could ever be that this staff can hang onto someone though.

The services have not even evaluated this kid. Our coaches have and took his commitment early and that speaks loud to me. Not a late season flyer or a reach because you want to fill a slot.

Yep, they saw something that none of the 'services' saw or bothered to evaluate. They wouldn't have offered if there was nothing there. Good for our staff!

Last edited:
Yep, they saw something that none of the 'services' saw or bothered to evaluate. They wouldn't have offered if there was nothing there. Good for our staff!
I agree, I’m trusting the staff for sure. But keep in mind, 50% of our DB class from 2018 is already gone and didn’t even make it past one season.

Really not sure what I’m trying to accomplish with that info but it’s something I’m keeping an eye on.

Last edited:
You're correct ***. A bit puzzling that so many DB's would leave when we have 2 senior starters this year.

I agree, I’m trusting the staff for sure. But keep in mind, 50% of our DB class from 2018 is already gone and didn’t even make it past one season.

Really not sure what I’m trying to accomplish with that info but it’s something I’m keeping an eye on.
You are not the only one watching our ability to recruit DBs. I like the approach (going after long, tall DBs), but I'm not necessarily sold yet on talent eval. Still some questions need to be answered.

You are not the only one watching our ability to recruit DBs. I like the approach (going after long, tall DBs), but I'm not necessarily sold yet on talent eval. Still some questions need to be answered.

I guess part of the question then becomes did half of the 2018 class leave because of lack of talent (talent evaluation failure) or for other reasons (poor background research)?

I guess part of the question then becomes did half of the 2018 class leave because of lack of talent (talent evaluation failure) or for other reasons (poor background research)?
Yep. As I said, there are questions that still need to be answered and I think we'll find that out after the next cycle or two

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back