• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Casey Rogers Enters Portal

What? Losing another good player? Something is very wrong, somewhere in the Husker program?

Maybe he is getting passed on the depth chart and wanted to hit the portal as soon as he could for potential opportunities.. So many possible answers out there so until anyone talks about it not mush to say at this point.. Would like to have had him this year though as when healthy i thought he played pretty darn well..

Since he's a SR and would probably be a starter I hope he provides some information why he's looking to transfer.
I am sure he has a good reason and if he wants to share it he will. Wish him luck wherever he ends up. The defense line is thin for sure however sometimes it’s an opportunity for someone to step up. I remember a transfer named Lavonte David who was buried in the depth chart until three linebackers went down before the first game. That worked out well for him and hopefully it’ll work out for another.

I am sure he has a good reason and if he wants to share it he will. Wish him luck wherever he ends up. The defense line is thin for sure however sometimes it’s an opportunity for someone to step up. I remember a transfer named Lavonte David who was buried in the depth chart until three linebackers went down before the first game. That worked out well for him and hopefully it’ll work out for another.
Didn't mean to imply he needs the hot light treatment in the interrogation room! Just hope he provides his reason(s) for wanting to transfer. As someone mentioned there are obviously dozens of reasons why a player wants to leave a program. I'm simply wondering if we're doing something in the program that might result in someone like Casey to look for greener pastures?

Maybe he is getting passed on the depth chart and wanted to hit the portal as soon as he could for potential opportunities.. So many possible answers out there so until anyone talks about it not mush to say at this point.. Would like to have had him this year though as when healthy i thought he played pretty darn well..

I doubt he was in danger of losing a starting job. There's not enough quality experience behind him. It was already our thinnest position.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back