• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Carlos Polk

Hooked on Huskers

I'm old as a rock
15 Year Member
Former NU linebacker. Joined Jaguars staff under Urban.

Anyway, I initially thought Carlos was an actor for his role "Terry Tate Office Linebacker". Reebok commercials. The key thing, Huskers red jersey. However later on, Terry Tate was real name, Buckeyes LB. CORRECTION ..... fiction Tate name; see post #3

First shown at 2002. Used to be nationwide Husker power ...... this commercials fits

The funniest, starting at Youtube 14:30 mark :Rolf:

carlos-polk-linebacker-for-the-university-of-nebraska-cornhuskers-picture-id1131134333

Last edited:
That’s a mean looking helmet. Wish they still looked like that. It has nasty all over it. Good luck to him. He was on the last great NU team in 1999. 2000, wasn’t bad either. Ohh how it would have been nice to have beaten KSU (should have) and have gotten another crack at the Dirt Burglars. That 2000 team was no joke.

Last edited:
Good for Coach Polk. I saw him a few years ago on the field before a TB Bucs game. He was a big dude even then. Somebody joked all Husker LBs should look like him (but didn’t at that time) & then Polk rattled off a bunch of names of Husker Lbs from late 90’s all of whom he said were bigger & meaner than him.

Defined - Stop the Run! My favorite memory of his play was against Iowa State. Lil bro Darren Davis was RB. Little powerhouse. One of our 2nd string DBs came around the edge on a blitz. DD set his feet and planted him on his 5th point of contact. Pretty impressive. Later in the game he had a chance to do the same thing as Carlos was pursuing down the line. Only Carlos shook him off with a glancing blow like he was not even there. Not the kind of guy to agitate in a confined space for sure.

Let me just ask out if curiosity? Is Carlos Polk someone who could be a DC in the near future? Would he ever entertain college jobs? I’m just not real familiar with him as a coach. Maybe someday he could come back to Nebraska? Never know.

Great opportunity for Carlos Polk to learn from one of the best head football coaches around. That should help Polk in the long run in the coaching profession, I would think.

Let me just ask out if curiosity? Is Carlos Polk someone who could be a DC in the near future? Would he ever entertain college jobs? I’m just not real familiar with him as a coach. Maybe someday he could come back to Nebraska? Never know.
I think if he was smart he would stay in the nfl, good money no recruiting and the way the college game is changing, it isn't getting better.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back