• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Carl Pelini & FAU moving up from Sun Belt to C-USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl did pretty well with poor talent. Once he starts getting his guys on the field I think FAU will be a force in C-USA.

No its a move up....Sun Belt to C-USA is a small but nice jump....just look at the schools in each conference...
Middle Tenn. is playing Ark State for Sunbelt championship this Sat. Probably be a while before they play for 1 in Conf USA. Your right RR much better talent level top to bottom.
Luckily it's an afternnon gae. Since I'm driving through , I plan on stopping in Jonesboro and checking it out. so I can see it then find a TV to watch the Huskers.

No its a move up....Sun Belt to C-USA is a small but nice jump....just look at the schools in each conference...

I get it, it's kind of like going from the WAC to the MWC or Big East. Still not an auto qualifier though, so from the perspective of an auto qualifier any movement in the under conferences looks lateral.

Unless C-USA has some sort of TV deal that no one knows about, it's a lateral move. Their access to the 4-team playoffs remain the same. Plus, UCF, Houston, SMU, and Memphis are leaving for the Big East.

So C-USA will be Marshall, Rice, UTEP, Tulsa, FIU, FAU, N. Texas, LT, Middle Tennessee, UT-San Antonio and FBS newbie Old Dominion. Doesn't really look all that different from the Sun-Belt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back