• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Caputo plays!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fine with the plea to a lesser charge, with Bo's punishment, and just about everything else...but I don't buy that he was texting and not asleep.

Whatever he was doing, it was enough for at least two people to believe he was asleep or passed out: The person who called the police and the police officer who parked his unit behind Caputo, most likely spot-lighted the car and approached on the side of the car. That must have been one groovy text message he was reading.

I doubt he was passed out. I would be surprised if he was slumped over the wheel asleep. I would NOT be surprised if he was leaning back in his seat asleep with the car running to stay warm. I've done that, but not after drinking.

A quick note: A plea to a lesser charge does not mean that there was not sufficient facts for a conviction of the original charge.
Double negatives always confuse me. What do you really mean here?

What I am asking is, isn't this true also? A plea to a lesser charge does not mean that there was sufficient facts for a conviction of the original charge.

What I am asking is, isn't this true also? A plea to a lesser charge does not mean that there was sufficient facts for a conviction of the original charge.

So if you're "innocent", why take the plea deal?

Both statements could be true. And yes, as you guessed, I was saying that just because someone pleads to a lesser charge, it does not mean that there was insufficient evidence to get a conviction for the original charge.

Speaking for myself, if there aren't sufficient facts to get a conviction for a DUI, I'm not pleading guilty to anything. But, we are all different and perhaps someone doesn't want the stress that comes with a trial.

.08 is the legal limit therefore .103 is over the legal limit...if it matters how far over, what is the point of having a number ?

Whatever the charge is or isn't against Caputo, I think we should all agree that drinking and driving should not happen.
I am not privy to the details of his case so I won't comment on that...although I do wonder how a non-moving vehicle can result in reckless driving ?

To my point: Alcohol impairs decision making and reaction times. Even a small amount will cause some issues.

My brother was killed by a drunk driver (very drunk minor) who thought he was just fine according to witnesses at the party he left.
Well, he wasn't and my family paid the price. Small town so we heard from others...we didn't know the kid or his family.

Drinking and driving should NOT mix. MADD and SADD are great programs and should be applauded for what they do.

So, I assert that he got away with one and that there may have been consideration in the case as to the fact that he was a NU football player. My assertion is that most folks without the resources that this young man has would have had the DUI stick, and would have retained that mark against them. Call this what you will but calling me an idiot, or whatever it was before, as well as telling me to shrivel are just ridiculous. Way to debate there boys. Now that being said, my opinion is has not changed. He got into a car while legally drunk, put the keys in the ignition, and was in control of the vehicle. That is a DUI.

Whoopeee for integrity and accountability!!

(Bennington, Nebraska) Douglas county
Summary:dui driving uncder suspensionCase description:i was driving down the street and i believe a under cover cop car didnt stop at a stop sign and hit me on the side of the truck wich made me loose control and i hit a resturant wall witch made me black out and in consious while i was in consious witnesses told me police officer hit me with a bittons on back of my head and ribs drag me out the truck and hit me back of my head till i woke up i went to the hospital and i was in a brutal condition couldnt breath on my own and i was in a comma for one day and a half doctor told my family it would be a miracle if i could live my dad went to the scene of accidenthappen try to talk to the police officers and they didnt want to tell him anything about the incident the car that hit me is unkown wich i seen with my own eyes that a black undercover cop car hit me before i hit the walll thank you for your time reading this hope to hear from you soon and help me on this situation that im in

(Omaha, Nebraska) Douglas county
pulled over because right headlight was out. Officer told me this, but, later on ticket, officer wrote "driving without lights". Have three drinks in over two hours. I'm 5'10" 120lbs, Zero fat to suck it up. I know that I was the most sober person at the dance club of 250 people. He didn't like my hot rod, & I think that they upped my blood percentage at the station, with a nod. I have drove over 35 yrs & over 1,600,000 miles without an accident or ticket, untill I got my fist dui last year on my birthday. I am the one having two beers & stoping...most of the time maybe just one after umpiring 4-5 games in the heat. & I got my first dui, I admit that I was feeling a little low, being it was the first time in 25 years without my wife & kids with me.( lost her & the kids in late July). then I lost my job, my house, my car. She left me big time in debt. Life couldn't get any worse....till now & a second dui.

http://www.myduiattorney.org/nebraska-dui-lawyers/nebraska-dui-arrest-stories.html

WoW....just had a bunch of young ladies come to the door and sing me a Christmas carol....

THen I come back here and sit down and think...I wonder which one of them will get hit by a drunk who's plea bargained his way out of previous DUIs
You missed the message of the carol: We all got a sweetheart deal.

I wonder how this story would have been analyzed on this board if all of the facts were the same, but it was a Texas player in Austin.

another one:

(Omaha, Nebraska) Douglas county
I had attended a friend's home for a game of cards, afterwards we went to a bar for a drink. The drink was strong but did not make me feel intoxicated. After leaving the bar around 1:45am to take my friend home, I had used several shots of Binaca breath spray and a mouth full of Ice Breakers, I do this often because bad breath odors caused by belching due to my Gastroesophageal Reflux and intense heart burn health issues. My vehicle has recently had a transmission problem. At a red light, where I wanted to turn left, my drive gear gave out from driving over 25miles an hour so and I have to switch it to neutral and back when this happens, I had accidentally rolled too far into the intersection, and upon seeing distant incoming traffic, I drove forward and made my turn at a red light before turning into the gas station where I was followed by a police man and asked to step out of the vehicle and complete a series of alcohol impairment tests, all of which I passed except thebreathalyzer test which blew in at 0.14. I did not feel drunk at all and told the police this and that I did not drank very much alcohol, but they laughed about it and said I was almost twice over the limit. They also threatened to impound my vehicle when my first 2 attempts to blow into the breathalyzer were unsuccessful. I was arrested, license was revoked, and I was taken to a police station and given a dui 2nd offense. My first offense was in 2007 and I was charged fairly and learned from my mistake to not drink and drive. I do not believe I was intoxicated and I am being wrongfully charged with a false breathalyzer result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back