• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Caputo plays!

Status
Not open for further replies.

It is good news, yet I hope he also learned a valuable lesson out of this experience.

Sweetheart deal that wouldnt be available to any one else in Lincoln. This doesnt set well with me.

Lincoln Public Safety Director, Tom Casady, spoke about this issue on Jack and John in the morning on 1400 am. He has seen numerous cases similiar to Caputo's over the course of his 30 plus years in law enforcement. It is not uncommon for there to be reduced charges under these circumstances. Caputo didn't received any deal on any kind, sweetheart or not. He received the same punishment that others got under these similiar conditions. Nothing more, nothing less. Sits well with me.

Lincoln Public Safety Director, Tom Casady, spoke about this issue on Jack and John in the morning on 1400 am. He has seen numerous cases similiar to Caputo's over the course of his 30 plus years in law enforcement. It is not uncommon for there to be reduced charges under these circumstances. Caputo didn't received any deal on any kind, sweetheart or not. He received the same punishment that others got under these similiar conditions. Nothing more, nothing less. Sits well with me.
Thank you for setting the record straight. It is particularly galling to me to see people say that Caputo has/is receiving preferential treatment because he is a football player. I have seen a number of cases similar to his and believe me this is not unusual at all to see this happen.

And let me add that a police officer is not going to by shy and hold back his/her feelings complaining about charges being reduced or dropped. I do not believe Caputo's case was treated any differently because of his status as a Husker.

Last edited:

Was he behind the wheel? Was the vehicle running? Yes on both, that is a DWI. Done.

Reckless driving, are you kidding me?

Sounds like the original story wasn't entirely factual. Passed out at .103? not likely unless someone hit him in the head after he was drinking. As others have said he got no different treatment than any other number of people have gotten with a borderline DUI case. The issue is did he learn a lesson about having a few and getting behind the wheel. Let's hope so.

you don't know what his actual BAC was and neither do the rest of us. The charge was more than likely reduced because when he was tested in an admissable environment he was below the legal limit. Maybe they should publish what that was to stop all this garbage about him getting a sweetheart deal. In the original story they didn't even get what he was doing when the cop pulled up correct.

Was he behind the wheel? Was the vehicle running? Yes on both, that is a DWI. Done.

Reckless driving, are you kidding me?

It sometimes makes me wonder how a 22-year old having some beer has evolved into a hanging offense? A .799 and it is nothing. Society has taken this number and made it smaller and smaller and
I think the agenda target is .000

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back