• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Can Maryland start 6-0?

I can not disagree more with your last paragraph. The level of cold here is just not the same. Even at its worst the cold here in DC is just not on the same level. Also you can walk across the whole MD campus in about 15 minutes. So walking in 50degree weather for 15 minutes is not going to prepare you for sub 30 temps with 30-40 mph winds.

When things get really cold here and we have a snow storm it is still warm enough that I shivel in nothing more than a sweat shirt. I would never do that in Nebraska. It is just a different level of cold.

I've lived in Philadelphia and Baltimore (12 years living in that region of the U.S., and I make a living on the weather, of course). The differences between that part of the country and Lincoln is most times not that tremendous in November. January...February, certainly, different story. I definitely know the heart of winter cold can be much worse in Nebraska.

In my now 18 seasons of forecasting the weather for on HuskerMax, I'm certain 3/4 of the November games in Lincoln have been pretty nice weather. Yes, the bitter cold, blustery days are possible -- but not common. I think there's a false perception that many have built up ... Novembers equate to nasty weather in Lincoln. Possible? Yes. Common? No.

Last edited:

The Maryland program is definitely trending up. I just don't think they will be able to consistently be in the top tier of the East. As least not as long as Meyer and Harbaugh are there.

I've lived in Philadelphia and Baltimore (12 years living in that region of the U.S., and I make a living on the weather, of course). The differences between that part of the country and Lincoln is most times not that tremendous in November. January...February, certainly, different story. I definitely know the heart of winter cold can be much worse in Nebraska.

In my now 18 seasons of forecasting the weather for on HuskerMax, I'm certain 3/4 of the November games in Lincoln have been pretty nice weather. Yes, the bitter cold, blustery days are possible -- but not common. I think there's a false perception that many have built up ... Novembers equate to nasty weather in Lincoln. Possible? Yes. Common? No.
Definitely not chalenging your weather chops. You have forgotten more than I will ever know. If you look at my original post. It even validates what yoou say to a certain extent.

Very curious to see how they look in the rest of the B1G. I think that Weather is going to play a big factor in this game. Living in DC I can tell you people do not go out when the weather turns cold. If it is a windy cold Nebraska mid november I see us blowing them out because they will not know how to handle the cold.
So my original point is that if it is a to quote Winni the Pooh "blustery day." Then I am not sure how the shell backed intruders will handle it.

I'll bet it is warmer in Norman, Oklahoma in November than it is in DC. Oklahoma always used to play us last game of the season in late November... and when the game was played on a cold, breezy day in Lincoln it did not slow the Sooners down one bit.

Last edited:

I think Maryland finishes at 6-6, beating only Minnesota and Rutgers the rest of the way.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back