• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Can a center get better at snaps.

It has nothing to do with how he is holding the ball. The dead snap is definitely an alternative, and is something I've encouraged my centers to try. But Cam's bad snaps arent typically due to blitz or "pressure." In many cases, he is rushing his snaps when he has to reach block defenders. The game is moving very fast for him right now and the only thing that will help is reps, experience, and confidence.
In the close up they did in the 4th quarter, it looks like he is rolling his wrist inward. They seem to always float right.

There’s no rule that says you have to have your best blocker playing center. Maybe he should be playing guard. If you replaced him at center with someone more consistent at snapping and moved him to guard you might make two positions better out of 5 on the O-line.

There’s no rule that says you have to have your best blocker playing center. Maybe he should be playing guard. If you replaced him at center with someone more consistent at snapping and moved him to guard you might make two positions better out of 5 on the O-line.

great points

Inner turmoil on the oline probably has to be responsible for at least part of their issues this year. Makes we wonder if a couple brothers appear on the transfer portal after the season!

Last edited:
I believe the coaches are at fault for letting Jurgens off the hook for bad snaps, for weeks on end. It is not that hard to correct the issue but clearly they haven't insisted that Jurgens do enough work to fix it..
Dude like last year he was practicing at tight end... He is getting on hand training by this and that was the point. He has been playing center for eight months, and I guarantee he will be all big 10 by the time he is a senior.

Inner turmoil on the oline probably has to be responsible for at least part of their issues this year. Makes we wonder if a couple brothers appear on the transfer portal after the season!

I agree...the group lacks any semblance of continuity.

I think it's a bad look to publicly throw your freshman center under the bus when he (Farniok) has been pedestrian at best and pitiful at his worst. Matt should be looking at himself in the mirror...and ask himself if that's what real captains do.

Last edited:
I believe the coaches are at fault for letting Jurgens off the hook for bad snaps, for weeks on end. It is not that hard to correct the issue but clearly they haven't insisted that Jurgens do enough work to fix it..

Right, because I’m sure he’s not trying hard enough or aware of his screwups. Just beat on him harder huh?

Not all performance issues can be treated as if the person doesn’t get it or isn’t trying or isn’t hard on him/her self. When you make a mistake you know it first don’t you? Do you always need someone to shout, “Hey you screwed up!” Thanks genius I was there.

I know people are frustrated but I have to believe the coaches and players are trying all kinds of things. It’s not lost on them that it’s a problem.

I agree...the group lacks any semblance of continuity.

I think it's a bad look to publicly throw your freshman center under the bus when he (Farniok) has been pedestrian at best and pitiful at his worst. Matt should be looking at himself in the mirror...and ask himself if that's what real captains do.

Did you miss the second part of his quote?

I just don’t see where Farniok A) threw Jurgens under the bus and B) is disgruntled and will seek a transfer

He seemed to just state the obvious and Then said all of the OL were responsible for getting it fixed.

Right, because I’m sure he’s not trying hard enough or aware of his screwups. Just beat on him harder huh?

Not all performance issues can be treated as if the person doesn’t get it or isn’t trying or isn’t hard on him/her self. When you make a mistake you know it first don’t you? Do you always need someone to shout, “Hey you screwed up!” Thanks genius I was there.

I know people are frustrated but I have to believe the coaches and players are trying all kinds of things. It’s not lost on them that it’s a problem.
LOL, there is nothing that corrects deficiencies like practice. And, since he's been a center for such a short period of time, it makes it all the more obvious that that is all he needs. I'm not down on him at all let alone "beating" on him. I think it's entirely a coaching issue. He simply needs more work...that's how you fix things.

Did you miss the second part of his quote?
I know he used the word "we" a few times, but then he spent a minute focusing on his center without using his name.

Imo...and I know Im in the minority on this one, but I don't think Matt has played well enough to start calling out his linemates. At times, he's been brutal. If hes going to call out one...call each linemate out because collectively, they have not been good.

We discussed the OL last spring. Does anyone second guess their posts from that discussion?

I really never saw Jurgens as an asset at center and people are finally waking up to him as a liability.

We discussed the OL last spring. Does anyone second guess their posts from that discussion?

I really never saw Jurgens as an asset at center and people are finally waking up to him as a liability.
Based on the fact that you had Wegener pegged as the starting center in late August, despite the fact that he's about 5th on the depth chart, I'll put my faith in Scott to make the right choice as to who should play center. Thank you very much

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back