• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Cameron Brown will commit on 7 August at 1 PM (Huskers are clear leader)

Status
Not open for further replies.

:Facepalm:. Here we go again. I predict five or six players will be decommit/transfer/kicked-off path until fall practice.

Debbie Downer here ....... :Bananalazy:

Last edited:
Don't count on it. After the issue with a certain WR last class I suspect we have already moved on. Equal or better recruits are out there to replace him (i.e. Moore & Babb)

Look the early signing period is going to flush some guys out. The fact that he was beyond reluctant to sign in December in retrospect is tell-tale and is probably best for both sides to disconnect and move on.

Both of these are better imo.

:Facepalm:. Here we go again. I predict five or six players will be decommit/transfer/kicked-off path until fall practice.

Debbie Downer here ....... :Bananalazy:

Damn dude you melt down in every single game thread and now a statement like this. For the record that is not going to happen and quite honestly have no clue where you come up with this stuff.....Good Lord Almighty.....

Go take a chill pill and a tall glass of Lemonade.

Oh and this is the reason to be excited:

Last edited:
Damn dude you melt down in every single game thread and now a statement like this. For the record that is not going to happen and quite honestly have no clue where you come up with this stuff.....Good Lord Almighty.....

Go take a chill pill and a tall glass of Lemonade.

Oh and this is the reason to be excited:

Way to provide the unnecessary evidence. Amazing how easily people forget the level of players we pulled in (TYJON LINDSEY) and the guys who are still very high on us like babb. I was very excited about cam brown, but he'll still probably visit for a gameday. A good visit and a skers trip to the big ten championship could flip him back to us, easily.

Way to provide the unnecessary evidence. Amazing how easily people forget the level of players we pulled in (TYJON LINDSEY) and the guys who are still very high on us like babb. I was very excited about cam brown, but he'll still probably visit for a gameday. A good visit and a skers trip to the big ten championship could flip him back to us, easily.

If he waits until after Thanksgiving, there's a decent chance we won't have a spot for him. Unless he's a "create a spot" kind of player, which I don't believe him to be given who we are in on. Would love to be in that position.

This does hurt our chances with Babb though. Being that it was stated that Babbs interest in us came back up due to Brown. Wouldnt be surprised to see them both at tOSU and also wouldnt put it past tOSU to offer Brown, to get Babb. Not that they both arent very talented receivers so it works out great for whomever gets them.

We will be just fine recruiting WRs. With us having a limited amount of scholarships available, kids having to commit sooner to us, we will have more than just this kid decommit. You can bank on it. It's part of the deal when you recruit at a high level. Last year we stole kids from Florida and Ohio State, they will no doubt return the favor at some point.

Get excited a kid verbals, he sees something he likes in the program we all hold such high regard for. Don't be surprised if he has a change of heart at some point, certainly don't tweet him how wrong he is or how over him you are. Know that at certain positions (this one in particular) we will be just fine.

I'm not trying to toss cold water on anyone, but IMPO the loss of Cameron Brown from this class is pretty big. People might remember how much I had pumped up Brown and talked about him needing to be one of the WR's in this class since he was offered last summer. I am a very big fan of his. Have thought of him as a four-star since before he was rated. I guess I just wanted to preface this post with that...

Even with Joshua Moore in this class (which is far from the given most thought/think it was/is), the Huskers will only have two kids committed and after missing on their target number the last two years and guys like Grim and Alston transferring, they need a minimum of three and IMO four guys this class. Every service has basically predicted Eric Fuller not being a part of this class. I will say, though, that Moore and Allen would be two consensus four-star recruits and an outstanding foundation to the WR class.

I know the Huskers are in the conversation with several WR's, but I personally think they are going to have a hard time finding someone who is an equal talent to Brown. First off, despite recent reports from some of the services and the momentum the team seems to be gaining with guys like Kamryn Babb and Jalen Hall, I still believe it is an extreme long shot that Nebraska gets either of them. Let's not forget the Huskers were the presumed favorite to land guys last year like Joseph Lewis, Jamire Calvin, Isaiah Hodgins, Taariq Johnson, Bryan Thompson, Gavin Holmes and Nick Robinson. Admittingly one or two of those guys may have been turned away because they thought they were solid with Calvin and numbers were what they were...but I point it out to remind people that being in the conversation doesn't mean much in the end. Guys like Calvin, Hodgins, Johnson and Thompson chose inferior programs (some even with coaching questions) that were closer to home.

I realize the Huskers are seemingly in great position with top-rated guys like Moore, Lawrence Keys, Isaah Crocker, Kobe Smith, Tommy Bush, Nikko Hall, Shaquon Anderson-Butts and Sean Ryan, but the lists was just as impressive this time last year (remember guys like Donovan People-Jones and Jeremiah Holloman made campus visits too)

I just want to remind people that I am a huge fan of Keith Williams as a coach and recruiter. I have said several times how I would be confident in him adding three to four outstanding prospects to work with. My concerns are more about the talent of Cameron Brown than questioning Keith Williams as a recruiter. Heck, if Williams finishes this class with Moore, Kobe Smith and Isaah Crocker, I'll take it all back lol.

This does hurt our chances with Babb though. Being that it was stated that Babbs interest in us came back up due to Brown. Wouldnt be surprised to see them both at tOSU and also wouldnt put it past tOSU to offer Brown, to get Babb. Not that they both arent very talented receivers so it works out great for whomever gets them.

A lot to do with it i'm sure. Can tell you that Brown isn't an automatic take for tOSU at this moment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back