• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Cam killing it in Philly

How is it that he had a good enuf yr to be the 2nd center taken in the draft, but only made 3rd team all big ten. ??
Could it be that players from OSU & Mich get addl votes because of the schools they attend ?

The First Team All-Big Ten Center (Linderbaum, from Iowa) was the first center taken in the draft.

The Second Team center returns to play for the Gophers this season.

Schmitz enters the 2022 season — his sixth with the Gophers — as one of the top returning offensive linemen in the nation. He's a preseason first-team All-America selection by Athlon Sports and is on the watch list for the Rimington Trophy, the award given to the best center in college football. He's poised to become the Gophers' most-decorated offensive lineman since Greg Eslinger, a two-time All-America center who won the Rimington and Outland trophies (best interior lineman) in 2005.

Jurgens is likely to be the best pro out of all of them ... considering he's been playing O-Line for exactly 4 years!
I'd guess Cam could have excelled at several positions because of his great athletic ability and personal drive. Took him awhile to sort through injuries and really learn the position. Obviously he's a Nebraska success story and Frost was correct that he's a great athlete. I'm hoping we can start cranking out a lot more NFL quality offensive lineman.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back