• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Cam Jurgens injury?

Foot problems have ended many promising athletes careers. I remember how Bill Walton battled them his entire BB career. Hard to say how good he might have been without those constant foot issues.

Cam would be well advised to carefully considers his future with the injuries that keep piling up for him. Some people simply have brittle bone structure and combined with bad luck it might be time to hang it up....

I hope Cam can come back but right now I'm not hopeful...

The OP post came off of Facebook on husker power page. Its wasn't his mom's Facebook page
Just checked the Husker Power facebook page back through June 1 and there is no mention. I suppose it could've been deleted.

Seems odd that fans are talking about it on chat boards but no reporter has mentioned it and no photo's of him walking around in a boot are anywhere.

Certainly it could be true, but at this point it sure looks like a rumor. Those can be fun...I wish we could post those.

Maybe someone spotted him at the Pipeline camp?

Last edited:
Just checked the Husker Power facebook page back through June 1 and there is no mention. I suppose it could've been deleted.

Seems odd that fans are talking about it on chat boards but no reporter has mentioned it and no photo's of him walking around in a boot are anywhere.

Certainly it could be true, but at this point it sure looks like a rumor. Those can be fun...I wish we could post those.

Maybe someone spotted him at the Pipeline camp?
I hope not true. If I end up with egg on my face, I do! I probably should have verified first but others have said its true. I was hoping to see this guy be a big contributor

He will be back for fall camp.

Be interesting to see how that center position shakes out. If true Cam re-injured his foot after “only” spring ball, I’m sure coaches will be working multiple guys hard to get depth ready for a B1G schedule.

Seems strange that I have seen no actual reports of this anywhere but in the fan forum. Doesn't it seem like a reporter would put it out on OWH , LJS, HailVarsity...something other than just on here?

Seems strange that I have seen no actual reports of this anywhere but in the fan forum. Doesn't it seem like a reporter would put it out on OWH , LJS, HailVarsity...something other than just on here?

No, because there are no official injury reports from the staff to cite.

He will be back for fall camp.

Thanks -- it's definitely great news that he will be back, but our situation at Center is still a concern and I have to think that missing the entire summer due to the injury will set him back quite a while. I think we're looking at the others to see who the starter is. At best, I think he could be ready later in the year, but he had a lot of things that had to go right in order for him to start -- gaining size/strength, staying healthy enough for the coaches to trust him to make it through a season, continuing the learn the position, etc. and this slows him down a lot.

Thanks -- it's definitely great news that he will be back, but our situation at Center is still a concern and I have to think that missing the entire summer due to the injury will set him back quite a while. I think we're looking at the others to see who the starter is. At best, I think he could be ready later in the year, but he had a lot of things that had to go right in order for him to start -- gaining size/strength, staying healthy enough for the coaches to trust him to make it through a season, continuing the learn the position, etc. and this slows him down a lot.
I would say if a kid who had to gain 50 pounds coming off 3 broken bones in his feet and is learning a position he has never played before got the starting job, that would be really worrisome for the 2019 season. I wasn’t expecting him to start this year despite what coaches have stated.

Hoping some other guys step up.

I would say if a kid who had to gain 50 pounds coming off 3 broken bones in his feet and is learning a position he has never played before got the starting job, that would be really worrisome for the 2019 season. I wasn’t expecting him to start this year despite what coaches have stated.

Hoping some other guys step up.
Well I can tell you that in NCAA 2014, he's a very serviceable center after switching from TE (where he mainly was a fullback). It's fun to have him passing the linebackers on defense to get a block downfield. Also a great tackler on Special teams as the long snapper. :p

Last edited:

Well I can tell you that in NCAA 2014, he's a very serviceable center after switching from TE (where he mainly was a fullback). It's fun to have him passing the linebackers on defense to get a block downfield. Also a great tackler on Special teams as the long snapper. :p

How does Wan'Dale look?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back