• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Calling my shot(Haarberg)

If as many of you are saying Smothers' arm is that weak we better be taking a strong look at the transfer portal. AM has yet to have an injury free season and the thought of a freshman out of a C-1 school does not make me warm and fuzzy.
Why does everyone forget that 1 0f our top 5 QBs of all time was a C-1 QB? He also happen to be our current head coach. Sometimes phenomenal athletes come from small town America? For the record does anyone really think if the kid went to Kearney HS which is class A that he would not have been the starter?

Why does everyone forget that 1 0f our top 5 QBs of all time was a C-1 QB? He also happen to be our current head coach. Sometimes phenomenal athletes come from small town America? For the record does anyone really think if the kid went to Kearney HS which is class A that he would not have been the starter?
Its no different than saying, walkons never make it to the NFL

And he did see the field some as a true Freshman at Stanford.

IMO, I hope Haarberg shows enough to be #2 this year. I say that not knowing much about Masker. With McCaffrey gone, that should open up opportunities, and if the views expressed on Smother's arm are correct, we really need one of those two to step up. I would hope it is Haarberg.

Last edited:
Why does everyone forget that 1 0f our top 5 QBs of all time was a C-1 QB? He also happen to be our current head coach. Sometimes phenomenal athletes come from small town America? For the record does anyone really think if the kid went to Kearney HS which is class A that he would not have been the starter

Haarberg gonna be #2 QB by start of fall and may be the starter by season's end. He's definitely our future at the QB position.

Feel free to come back and laugh at this later if I prove wrong. I'm a man, I'm almost 40, and I can take it.
I would say that after the spring game you should feel at least partially vindicated. That "Class C" Player looked pretty A1.

I would say that after the spring game you should feel at least partially vindicated. That "Class C" Player looked pretty A1.
He is more of a project than other larger school qbs, but he has all the tools.
If he has the drive, the ability to make it, he can,just like numerous other small program, diamond in the rough, walkon/scholly players always have.
A smart move by the staff

He is more of a project than other larger school qbs, but he has all the tools.
If he has the drive, the ability to make it, he can,just like numerous other small program, diamond in the rough, walkon/scholly players always have.
A smart move by the staff
I would rather have a guy with all of the tools that can be coached up then a guy with some of the tools that thinks his stuff don't stink. Then when they do not get there way take their truck and leave the sand box.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back