• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Calling my shot(Haarberg)

So, he cant see the open guys as he once did?
OK,holdon,heres his latest, now compare the times he has to throw,and count the times he took off because he had to.

Mechanics are off or he's too afraid he'll throw a pick maybe.

kVhenXk.gif

:thumbsup:

Fighter on the right clearly takes the fall. Was never hit, right cross missed.

AM2 can hit the open receiver, he just hasn't shown the ability to "throw receivers open"

Ill blame the ol to an extent, but under this staff the qbs struggle with zone coverages specifically cover 2. Go rewatch the Illinois game. Several seam routes and sideline windows that were never seen or even attempted.

Cant blame the playcalling, thats coaching imo. Be interested to have @ShortSideOption opinion seems zones give problems to this scheme

All video of Haarberg I have seen today are of him making really good throws.

Still drinking that Kool-Aid
He overthrew 4 or 5 on out patterns to the right side. That pass seemed to be a real struggle for him yesterday. He certainly has the strongest arm of the group. He made a couple of really good throws that got him a fist bump from Mario. I liked his skills.

Last edited:
Fighter on the right clearly takes the fall. Was never hit, right cross missed.

AM2 can hit the open receiver, he just hasn't shown the ability to "throw receivers open"

Ill blame the ol to an extent, but under this staff the qbs struggle with zone coverages specifically cover 2. Go rewatch the Illinois game. Several seam routes and sideline windows that were never seen or even attempted.

Cant blame the playcalling, thats coaching imo. Be interested to have @ShortSideOption opinion seems zones give problems to this scheme
The guy on the right was definitely tagged by the right hand.

The guy on the right was definitely tagged by the right hand.
You either need glasses or need to watch again. The reaction from the guy on the right isnt correct for a guy getting hit with a cross thrown at that angle or that weak.

Watching that clip, and assuming the 3rd QB involved was Smothers...ooof. That dude has a weak arm. Those downfield throws left a lot to be desired, I'll just say that.
If as many of you are saying Smothers' arm is that weak we better be taking a strong look at the transfer portal. AM has yet to have an injury free season and the thought of a freshman out of a C-1 school does not make me warm and fuzzy.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back