• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Calling my shot(Haarberg)

I do not think anyone is trying to say he is the only problem. So thank you for highlighting that.
And yet, in over a year I can’t recall a single negative comment made about any offensive player blaming them for our offensive woes. Heck posters won’t even blame our supposed offensive coordinator. 99% percent of the posters who criticize the offense mention AM by name and many go as far as saying we will never win with HIM, he can’t complete a downfield pass nor should he even be a division 1 quarterback. I’m tired of the excuse that he is the quarterback so it’s easy to blame him. Posters need to be fair in their evaluations and stop expecting him to operate mistake free when play calling, blocking, snaps, poor routes, and poor execution happens before he even throws the ball. For Christ’s sakes.....he was number 4 in completion percentage in FCS last year.

Last edited:
And yet, in over a year I can’t recall a single negative comment made about any offensive player blaming them for our offensive woes. Heck posters won’t even blame our supposed offensive coordinator. 99% percent of the posters who criticize the offense mention AM by name and many go as far as saying we will never win with HIM, he can’t complete a downfield pass nor should he even be a division 1 quarterback. I’m tired of the excuse that he is the quarterback so it’s easy to blame him. Posters need to be fair in their evaluations and stop expecting him to operate mistake free when play calling, blocking, snaps, poor routes, and poor execution happens before he even throws the ball. For Christ’s sakes.....he was number 4 in completion percentage in FCS last year.

Sorry, but you just haven't been paying attention if you haven't seen a single negative comment regarding the offense that wasn't about Martinez. People have been hammering the o-line (Jurgens for snaps, various players for poor technique and effort), Austin, the OC's, McCaffrey for his awful passing and whacky fumbles, Frost (for playcaling, game management, etc), WRs for dropping passes (including in the EZ) and pretty much every element of the offense when it sucks . . . and it has sucked in far too many ways and for too long.

I know you like to trot out AM's completion %, but you ignore that a good chunk of that comes from passes either behind the LOS or near the LOS. He was 81st in avg yards per pass (7 yards). NU has been pretty awful pushing the ball downfield--McCaffrey was terrible at it and AM is erratic for the most part. AM has also been in the top 10 nationally in fumbles every single year. He has to stop turning the ball over like that.

Everyone and everything on the offense needs to step up. And yes, that includes Martinez.

Last edited:
Sorry, but you just haven't been paying attention if you haven't seen a single negative comment regarding the offense that wasn't about Martinez. People have been hammering the o-line (Jurgens for snaps, various players for poor technique and effort), Austin, the OC's, McCaffrey for his awful passing and whacky fumbles, Frost (for playcaling, game management, etc), WRs for dropping passes (including in the EZ) and pretty much every element of the offense when it sucks . . . and it has sucked in far too many ways and for too long.

I know you like to trot out AM's completion %, but you ignore that a good chunk of that comes from passes either behind the LOS or near the LOS. He was 81st in avg yards per pass (7 yards). NU has been pretty awful pushing the ball downfield--McCaffrey was terrible at it and AM is erratic for the most part. AM has also been in the top 10 nationally in fumbles every single year. He has to stop turning the ball over like that.

Everyone and everything on the offense needs to step up. And yes, that includes Martinez.
It’s not a surprise you spent a paragraph to pointing out 20 guys in our offensive woes and another full paragraph bitching about am.
I agree everyone needs to step up. That is my point. People act like it’s his performance holding us back.

Last edited:
Well we have a former coach of the year coaching a former pre season top 5 Heisman watch list QB. We have a “natural” at the center position with a young offensive line with “ huge potential upside. We have a new taller receiving corps with blazing speed. We have the number 1 tight end prospect in the country. Finally we have the quarterback guru. What could possibly go wrong?

2018, we were 76th in yds per att,and 32nd in completion pct.
The offense isnt set up for major downfield shots, but maintaining a balance of both comp % and yds per attempt is key.

So, it obviously wasnt only the ys per attempt that got national attention for AM, it was his combined completion percentage and his ability to make things happen on the ground.

So, that kind of tells you what many sports writers think about being way up there in yards per attempt.

That is fair. Let me also ask though. Where he was in TD/INT ratio? Fumbles per play?. Seems to me that folks like you pretending he is Tom Brady are just as disingenuous as those who only blame him.

1f783a02d80bfa2e91a0eca0a6828e94.jpg

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back