• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Calling my shot(Haarberg)

A while back I was impressed initially with his interviews he's a smart kid. I picked up on something from the way he speaks, a quiet confidence, something that's hard to describe but I just know when I see it. Then I checked his height, 6'5", nice.

I thought about actually making this thread a while back but decided against it. What do I know I'm just some dumb guy on the internet?

Then I saw this(QBs start around 1 min or so):

Haarberg(#10) is making some really nice and TIMELY throws there, especially for a freshman.

So yeah now I'm a big fan of the guy and it's more fun to call it early and look awesome or get laughed at later.

But happened to Logan Smothers?????

Appreciate your early read. No reason for anyone to laugh, there are several someones on the staff that agree with you. I am quite certain his Mom and Dad agree with you also. GBR

Don't be so quick to throw dirt on AM! I don't believe anyone will unseat a 4 year starter unless they're superman.

At this point, I just want ANY QB that has the ability to actually...I don't know...throw the ball forward? Yeah, that would be cool. Would also be nice to have a Coach that calls pass plays that go forward instead of sideways.

The problem was there wasn't too many down field threat's or guy's getting open.

If there is no threat ( wr) then not really that much a QB issue.

Who was a deep threat or the go too guy?

Now that could be somewhat fixed with a powerful run game ( play action).

Last edited:

HH has everything you want in a QB prospect. He has good size, is smart, has a strong arm, and is overall a good athlete. What he lacks is experience against elite HS talent and probably elite coaching. Those 2 those things can be rectified with time. Those 2 things are also the only things coming out of HS that Logan Smothers really has on him.

I would not be surprised in the least if he is starting as a RS Freshman next year. That is not a slam on Logan Smothers either. HH just has way more upside than Smothers.

HH has everything you want in a QB prospect. He has good size, is smart, has a strong arm, and is overall a good athlete. What he lacks is experience against elite HS talent and probably elite coaching. Those 2 those things can be rectified with time. Those 2 things are also the only things coming out of HS that Logan Smothers really has on him.

I would not be surprised in the least if he is starting as a RS Freshman next year. That is not a slam on Logan Smothers either. HH just has way more upside than Smothers.
I would put my money against yours on a Logan vs HH 100 yd run
I'll take Logan all day long

Last edited:
I a
The problem was there wasn't too many down field threat's or guy's getting open.

If there is no threat ( wr) then not really that much a QB issue.

Who was a deep threat or the go too guy?

Now that could be somewhat fixed with a powerful run game ( play action).
Agree...I think lol. Love the part about a running game. However, IF we do not have anyone to throw to at this point in HCSF tenure, we are in bigger trouble than I thought. The way the rules are for offense, finding people open should never be a problem.

I highly doubt it happens quickly. The step up in competition is huge, he played in class C-1. I doubt he played against single D1 PLAYER in his HS career. Not only that, he didn't exactly light the world on fire -as a Sr. he only completed 55% of his passes. Heck, just compare his stats at Kearney Catholic to that of Matt Masker who was there before him. Masker blows HH out of the water.

Listen, I'm not saying that HH doesn't have tools, and wasn't worth a scholarship offer based on potential. But I am saying if HH sees a competitive snap this year something went very, very wrong.

Last edited:
I highly doubt it happens quickly. The step up in competition is huge, he played in class C-1. I doubt he played against single D1 PLAYER in his HS career. Not only that, he didn't exactly light the world on fire -as a Sr. he only completed 55% of his passes. Heck, just compare his stats at Kearney Catholic to that of Matt Masker who was there before him. Masker blows HH out of the water.

Listen, I'm not saying that HH doesn't have tools, and wasn't worth a scholarship offer based on potential. But I am saying if HH sees a competitive snap this year something went very, very wrong.
Or,very very very right

I'll make a prediction also " If Haarberg is second on the depth chart week 0 and Logan Smothers is not injured there is a good chance Smothers transfers out before the first snap"
I have no inside info that's just my opinion / guess

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back