• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Calling my shot(Haarberg)

Haarberg gonna be #2 QB by start of fall and may be the starter by season's end. He's definitely our future at the QB position.

Feel free to come back and laugh at this later if I prove wrong. I'm a man, I'm almost 40, and I can take it.
Love the dig.I have read different reads on Haarberg and people seem to think that he has a huge upside.We are blessed to have him as a Husker.Keep the faith.GBR.

Curious as to what you base your prediction on.

A while back I was impressed initially with his interviews he's a smart kid. I picked up on something from the way he speaks, a quiet confidence, something that's hard to describe but I just know when I see it. Then I checked his height, 6'5", nice.

I thought about actually making this thread a while back but decided against it. What do I know I'm just some dumb guy on the internet?

Then I saw this(QBs start around 1 min or so):

Haarberg(#10) is making some really nice and TIMELY throws there, especially for a freshman.

So yeah now I'm a big fan of the guy and it's more fun to call it early and look awesome or get laughed at later.

A while back I was impressed initially with his interviews he's a smart kid. I picked up on something from the way he speaks, a quiet confidence, something that's hard to describe but I just know when I see it. Then I checked his height, 6'5", nice.

I thought about actually making this thread a while back but decided against it. What do I know I'm just some dumb guy on the internet?

Haarberg(#10) is making some really nice and TIMELY throws there, especially for a freshman.

So yeah now I'm a big fan of the guy and it's more fun to call it early and look awesome or get laughed at later.
Appreciate your early read. No reason for anyone to laugh, there are several someones on the staff that agree with you. I am quite certain his Mom and Dad agree with you also. GBR

Three things, and thats if he really gets his arm going.
He has to be able to read and then deliver.
He has to run, both behind and past the LOS well
He has to keep himself healthy.

I like the kid too, but he needs more time

It’s hard to know exactly what you have when a kid is transitioning from a small high school to Power 5 Football, especially at the QB position. And based on his experience level, if he’s starting at any point this year, I think we are in trouble. But who knows, maybe we’ve caught “lightning in a bottle” with him and we just don’t know it yet............

It’s hard to know exactly what you have when a kid is transitioning from a small high school to Power 5 Football, especially at the QB position. And based on his experience level, if he’s starting at any point this year, I think we are in trouble. But who knows, maybe we’ve caught “lightning in a bottle” with him and we just don’t know it yet............
Best lightning in a bottle?
The ones thats aged well.

And he has to have protection to give him time to read and throw and good blocks when it’s his turn to run.
I think its coming.
If our run game steps up, even on obvious passing downs, the opposing D line and blitzers still have to create discipline or the qb can escape for yardage, and that puts more stress on the defense. If were stressing them already, discipline often gets lost

You are not alone. I am a big Adrian Martinez fan and expect him to keep the position locked up all year but I too just have this feeling about Haarberg.

Haarberg gonna be #2 QB by start of fall and may be the starter by season's end. He's definitely our future at the QB position.

Feel free to come back and laugh at this later if I prove wrong. I'm a man, I'm almost 40, and I can take it.
I believe you. I really do.

The premise prompts me to ask ... who is 3rd on the depth chart?

Obviously AM and then Logan Smothers ... but the rest of the depth chart is Matt Masker, Jarrett Synek and Haarberg.

I can conceivably see HH finishing camp as #3 QB ... leaving him an injury away from the #2 spot.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back