• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Call Your Shot - 2021 Record Prediction (Spring Edition)

How many games will the Huskers win in the 2021 regular season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
10-2, no excuses.

C

zd6773uovVQJLUH3GUJGWXkdyvAqllKszMzzNX8N_rzwvOviwzUmEYXSq83Jp8oNUHUzNZIfVxjbmmL-MioL6B4fVVD6QjQCw6YzuwDJLx-upXuDtqF4cmjGTzfOLizNd8pBq_xB1Y0L7yWYIplHO5I40x4WZzqOOuk

Last edited:
Illness: W. Bielema will make them into a formidable opponent, but not in his first game. We break the curse against 1st-year coaches.

Fordham: W
Buffalo: W
OU: L

MSU: L. OU beats us twice. Would be great to get revenge against Mel Tucker, but not after a late emotional letdown against the Sooners. I believe this game may be as big as any in determining how the rest of our season goes, based on how we react after the OU meat grinder.

NW: W. They miss Hankwitz too much.

Michigan: L. I actually think we have a good shot to win, but Harbaugh pulls out a nail biter in Lincoln.

Minnie: W. We take back the broken chair and show them what to do with that oar.

Purdue: W. If this were a typical Brohm team, it could be a trap game. But not this year. Third DC in 3 years and they don't have it figured out yet.

OhSU: L. Duh.

Wiscy: W. Barry gets a parting gift from his alma mater.

Iowa: W. No more losing on a last-second FG. This is the year we get 'r' done.

Regular season 8-4.

Illness: W. Bielema will make them into a formidable opponent, but not in his first game. We break the curse against 1st-year coaches.

MSU: L. OU beats us twice. Would be great to get revenge against Mel Tucker, but not after a late emotional letdown against the Sooners. I believe this game may be as big as any in determining how the rest of our season goes, based on how we react after the OU meat grinder.

Michigan: L. I actually think we have a good shot to win, but Harbaugh pulls out a nail biter in Lincoln.

Minnie: W. We take back the broken chair and show them what to do with that oar.

Purdue: W. If this were a typical Brohm team, it could be a trap game. But not this year. Third DC in 3 years and they don't have it figured out yet.

Regular season 8-4.
And that looks like undefeated in the West...which is nice.

Regular season 8-4.

I can get behind 8-4 real easily. I just have no idea where all the wins and loses come.

I think we for sure beat Illinois, Fordham, and Buffalo to start the season. If I am picking losses I have to go with OSU and OU. After that I really don't know. Nebraska shouldn't lose to Purdue, Northwestern or MSU, but that doesn't mean they won't. The remaining four I consider toss up games.

A couple of things. I am not so sure that Bielama has Illinois humming along in a few years as a formidable opponent. I think Alvarez had a lot more to do with his success at Wisconsin than he gets credit for. We will see though.

I think just like in 2019 NW has a rough year this year. I think 6-6 is probably a best case scenario. Losing Hankwitz is huge plus all the defenders.

Michigan IMO is either going to not be very good something like 6-6 or they are going to be really good 11-1, 10-2.

As far as Nebraska goes I think the running game will be good. I think the defense will be solid and good. I am not ready to say great but they should be top 40 or so. Now the ifs. If we keep TO at or around 1 a game, if we keep procedural penalties to 1 or less a game and if the passing game looks as good as I think it can look this could be a pretty good team.

I can get behind 8-4 real easily. I just have no idea where all the wins and loses come.

A couple of things. I am not so sure that Bielama has Illinois humming along in a few years as a formidable opponent. I think Alvarez had a lot more to do with his success at Wisconsin than he gets credit for. We will see though.
That's been my feeling as well. Will be interesting to watch. I do think it was Barry calling the shots, and Bulimia didn't show much at Arkansas. He looks like a big doofus, but I have to believe he's picked up some things along the way. If he can get the top recruits out of Illinois, he could make them respectable.

That's been my feeling as well. Will be interesting to watch. I do think it was Barry calling the shots, and Bulimia didn't show much at Arkansas. He looks like a big doofus, but I have to believe he's picked up some things along the way. If he can get the top recruits out of Illinois, he could make them respectable.
He does have a decent staff, and has acquired some decent talent through the portal.
If he fails to protect native players, like most illini coaches have, its a huge uphill battle.

5 wins before SF axed ....

@ Chief Illiniwek Resurrection - L
Chevyham - W
Not sCUm - W
@ Land Thief Gooners - L
@ Michigan County - W
North by Northwest - L
Meechickens - L
@ Row the Titanic Boat - W
Purdoo - W
First string NFL - L
@ Drunken Wiskey - L
Dirty Bird Crows - L
  • August 1st, Frosty the Snowman renegotiate his contract (more money)
  • 8 out of 12 games, Husker underdogs. One upset ... Rodents
  • December 31st announcement, fired SF and rehire HC Bo P.

Last edited:

I've been stumping 8-4 regular season with another win in the bowl game since the end of 2020, so when it happens no one should be surprised. Add 3 first team all B1G and SF coach of the year in the West (if there is such a thing). And when its over I'm going to come back here and invite some of you to get on the bandwagon....even if you have been a pain in the butt all year.
Let’s hope your hunch is right pilk. It’s time.

GET TICKETS

Back