• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Call Your Shot - 2021 Record Prediction (Spring Edition)

How many games will the Huskers win in the 2021 regular season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I need to see what happens in the Illinois game before I can try to predict the season.

Win that game, 6-8 wins is reasonable.

Lost that game, 3-4 wins is quite possible.
Illinois definitely is very important. A loss in that game could be catastrophic, while a win could be a springboard. And the honest thing is, no one knows what will transpire in that game. It’s sheer guessing at this point. Very important, no matter what happens.

I have the same thought as far as much hinging on the Illinois game, but my margins are tighter. If we beat Illinois, I think we'll win 8 games; lose to Illinois, and we'll struggle to get 6 wins.
Watched part of the Illinois spring game. Tough to say just how good they are, but their depth wasnt very good as they had their ones against the rest of the team with many of their D starters out, meaning what their ones O faced was no better than third stringers, and it showed, they appeared unstoppable, as hole opened up in the run game that appeared to be very slow and well designed, but with any real opposition, those holes wouldnt have been there.

They are transitioning to a 3-4, and seem to have the backers to make most of it work, at least against the Illini 2nd string O line, as backside got in time after time.

I came away as theyre very beatable, but you have to beat them.

I’m going with 9 wins and a dominant offense. It’s all going to click this season.

That likely hinges on Adrian being the best we've seen (I won't discount that possibility) -- and remaining healthy and starting every game this season. If we have to resort to a backup QB, he will likely have even less game experience than even McCaffrey did last season (as he got in a few games in 2019, the season prior). A great, healthy, Martinez -- and we do have a chance for the best season in quite a while. IF.

I'm always optimistic at the beginning of the year. So naturally I expect to win every game until I see the product on the field. Translation...this upcoming season is one big mystery to me. It could be really good or terrible based on how they get out of the gate.

Illinois definitely is very important. A loss in that game could be catastrophic, while a win could be a springboard. And the honest thing is, no one knows what will transpire in that game. It’s sheer guessing at this point. Very important, no matter what happens.
Agreed, It can be a huge confidence booster, to a 3-0 start. If we keep our QB as starter for all 12 games, we have a very good chance to win 7-8 games. We need a few things to go our way.... and not by much.......

Break even for turnovers for the season
Break even on penalties for the season
Improve special teams up to mid level for the Conference

We dont need much, but the above items have been difficult for us for years,
We are more talented than all but 2 teams, and equaled
in talent by maybe 3 others.

Improve these 3 items and we have a very good chance in most every game.

Based on my Athlon magazine, we are rated 48th, so each game goes like this:
Illinois 84th: W
Fordham: W
Buffalo 78th: W
Oklahoma 3rd: L
MSU: 77th: W
Northwestern 47th: L (really toss up)
Michigan 32nd: L
Minnesota 36th: L
Purdue 60th: W
Ohio State 4th: L
Iowa 16th: L

So record of 5-6-1 which is the "best" based on Athlon, which assumes that AM gets through the whole season uninjured, which has never happened in his career.

I love Harberg as a QB but doubt he is ready as Turner Gill was a Sophomore to come in off the bench when AM gets hurt and play and win in the BIG after on one spring worth of experience.

Really wish we had gotten Mc Milton and or another one year experienced QB to be ready when AM goes down.

GBR

I've been stumping 8-4 regular season with another win in the bowl game since the end of 2020, so when it happens no one should be surprised. Add 3 first team all B1G and SF coach of the year in the West (if there is such a thing). And when its over I'm going to come back here and invite some of you to get on the bandwagon....even if you have been a pain in the butt all year.

I am gonna go with unabashed homerism and say 8 wins. I think that's very possible if: the potential at WR mostly pans out, the oline continues it's progression and really does take a step forward, the RB room solidifies itself, and the D doesn't step back from last year. Oh yeah, and as HWM said, AM has to stay healthy. I know that sounds like a lot to happen, but honestly all of those things should or at least quite possibly could happen.

Until I see us ay an egg against a team being coached by a new guy in their first game I'm gonna stick with it.

GET TICKETS

Back