• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Calipari and UCLA

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nc...tract-in-response-to-ucla-interest/ar-BBVv9Bo

Wow. I think if UCLA would have offered this to Big Fred we may not have landed him as our coach.
I don’t understand the number UCLA tossed out, as it basically matches what UK pays. And I doubt they would see Coach Cal and Coach Fred in the same light salary-wise. Cal gets #1 or #2 recruiting classes about every year, and creates hype in the spotlight. Fred is a far better Xs and Os coach, but wouldn’t bring the sizzle to LA that Cal would.

Looks like Cal has agreed to an extension with Kentucky that takes him to retirement...
CBS article link...
According to The Athletic, UK made a "lifetime contract" offer as a direct response from UCLA's pursuit of Calipari. UCLA reportedly offered Calipari -- currently making $9.2 million annually according to USA Today -- a contract worth close to $50 million over six years. He ultimately turned the deal down, but during the revelation of his extension on Monday, Calipari said the new deal has nothing to do with interest from any other school.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back