• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

California v. Virginia

A pop out to 3rd base ends the game. Virginia wins 4-1. I will see everybody in a little bit for the Texas A&M-South Carolina game.

hi to all. just wanted to come on and say, my mom-in-law is back in the hosp. seems, she has pneumonia! continued prayers, please. as said, she is a fine gal.

well, seems, I may know the grandfather or great uncle of Mitch Delfino. i'll have to check his bio, when i get a chance. i went to school with the a cpl of Delfino's,
growing up. back in those days, not too many kids were able to go out and try to exel in baseball. if you had natural talent, you played! if you were a runt, like i was,
you were basically out of the loop. the Delfino's were very, very good ball players, back then, in the early 40's thru 50's. BTW, this was in San Francisco.

Well, gonna' go get a bite to eat and visit Doris in the hospital. Again, prayers are needed. Doris is 85, so pneumonia is a bad thing at that age. Thanks, in advance,
for the prayers. :)

Well, just checked the bio: ...parents are Charlie and Debbi Delfino...born January 13, 1991 in Santa Rosa, Calif.

Unless Charlie is related to the Delfino's I knew, no dice. Of course, Santa Rosa is close to SF, so they may have moved up there over the decades. So, maybe I do know his grandparents. Well, enuf of
that trivia. Talk to you all later.

Also, btw, my youngest was born on Jan 13, 1968. So, sounds like the years would fit right in if Mitch is related to my old friends. :)

Last edited:

Well, sadly, i checked further, and found Joe Delfino, who was born 1935, in San Francisco, died.. Joe was one of the brothers I grew up with in SF. Gene was the other brother. Apparently, Mitch must be one of his great nephews. As you can read ahead, he was a very successful baseball player. Rest in peace, Joe.

Here is what I found:

Joe Delfino August 18, 1935 - July 6, 2010 Joe Delfino, born on August 18, 1935 and raised in San Francisco, passed away unexpectedly on July 6, 2010 at his home in Rohnert Park. He was the beloved Husband of the late Rose Delfino, loving father to Michelle (Barry) Delfino and Joanne Delfino, and adoring Nonno to Mia Rose Wilson. Predeceased by his mother, Irene (Louis)Demattei, and father, Michele Delfino, and his brother,Gene (Mary) Delfino. Survived by his siblings Rosalie (Ray) Monteroso, Linda (Joe) Thomas, Marilyn (Paul) Catelli and Diane (John) Spediacci. He is also survived by numerous nieces and nephews. Joe was a graduate of Mission High School where he was a 3 year All City Baseball Star and, played in the New York Yankee Organization for eight years.He was inducted into the San Francisco Prep Hall of Fame. He was a proud San Francisco Firefighter retiring as a Fire Inspector. Member of the S.F. Oldtimer's Baseball, Marino Peretti Club, and if asked by his peers, a quote..."every guy would say he was "The Best". We will all miss him. Friends may visit after 4PM on Sunday and are invited to attend the Vigil Service at 7:00PM also on Sunday and the Funeral Service on Monday at 9:30AM from the Chapels of Valente, Marini, Perata & CO., 4840 Mission St., S.F., thence to St. Elizabeth Church where a 10:00AM Funeral Mass will be celebrated. Committal to follow at the Italian Cemetery. Online condolences may be offered at www.vmpandco.com.

If I had not moved out to the Outer Mission District, I would have gone to Mission High School, instead of Balboa High School. Glad I did, because Mission High had a lot of punks!! :eek:

Last edited:
We will be praying for your mother-in-law CBob.

thanks, csker. we will see her later, as said. i am hoping they caught it in time, but she has fluid on the bottom of both lungs and the top of one of them. i worry about pneumonia, when it comes to "older" people.

Again, thank you. :)

Happy Father's Day to all. :nod:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back