• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Caleb Lightbourn Transferring

In fairness - Andrew Bunch also put his name on that list a while back, and decided to stay after considering his options.

There may be a chance that Lightborn is doing the same thing. I rather doubt that he is, but there is that chance.
Yep, just entering the portal doesn't guarantee he is transferring. I doubt there will be much interest in him.

He came in with a ton of potential but seems the bright lights hit him like a deer. Best of luck wherever he lands.

I feel like that’s letting him off the hook a bit. Being thrust into the starter role in 2016 and still not able to figure it out 30+ games later in 2018 is not a “he didn’t get to redshirt” problem. It’s not like he was forced to start at QB.

No doubt it is, but I do feel like it might have been part of it. It doesn't let him off the hook I just think it can explain a bit of his rough start. Foundation was not good so anytime something went a bit 'hinke' it just compounded it a bit more each time. I think most can agree when he was on he was outstanding, just few and far between.

so to the second bold part, again not trying to make excuses, he just didn't cut it, but unlike a qb that throws a bad pass they come back out and can throw 25-50 more passes, when you shank a punt, you might get a couple more attempts at most to work out of a funk each game. We could go into the mechanics of the whole deal but again, sounds like excuses. It was time to move on for both him and Nebraska.

No doubt it is, but I do feel like it might have been part of it. It doesn't let him off the hook I just think it can explain a bit of his rough start. Foundation was not good so anytime something went a bit 'hinke' it just compounded it a bit more each time. I think most can agree when he was on he was outstanding, just few and far between.

so to the second bold part, again not trying to make excuses, he just didn't cut it, but unlike a qb that throws a bad pass they come back out and can throw 25-50 more passes, when you shank a punt, you might get a couple more attempts at most to work out of a funk each game. We could go into the mechanics of the whole deal but again, sounds like excuses. It was time to move on for both him and Nebraska.
I'm certainly not down playing the event that occurred that forced him to start, that's extremely difficult. But let's be honest, he's kicking a ball as far as he can down field. Drew Brown, who actually was much closer to Foltz than only knowing him for a couple months, lost his holder, and has a more difficult job, managed to deal with the adversity just fine and actually got better each year.

I think we are both on the same page, it was time for both parties to move on. But his problems were 95% his, not outside factors.

I'm certainly not down playing the event that occurred that forced him to start, that's extremely difficult. But let's be honest, he's kicking a ball as far as he can down field. Drew Brown, who actually was much closer to Foltz than only knowing him for a couple months, lost his holder, and has a more difficult job, managed to deal with the adversity just fine and actually got better each year.

I think we are both on the same page, it was time for both parties to move on. But his problems were 95% his, not outside factors.

99 percent his but yeah time for a mutual parting.

I really feel bad for him. I hope he finds a spot, turns it around and makes it in the NFL. This may be one of those situations where a change of scenery helps. And he has two years to play one. So I would hope that if he hasn't graduated that he sits out this year. And I wouldn't mind him going to The Beavers.

To paraphrase Crash Davis, million dollar leg and ten cent mind... I know it sounds kind of snarky and I don't intend it that way, but his issues are 95% mental, and none of it physical.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back