• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

CAL ST FULLERTON vs NEBRASKA - Okla St Regional's - Friday, 5/30/14 - Game #1

I still don't see an issue with today's hitting. All you can do is bring your talents to the plate with the right approach. If you do that I have nothing to complain about. I would argue it more.....but I have hard time trying to argue with anyone who is upset over the outcome. That was a great ball game today.....we lost to the Pre-Season #1 ranked team....and the top pitching team in the country.....and yet we still have tomorrow. Let's move on and show Binghampton what Husker baseball is all about! GBR!

I still don't see an issue with today's hitting. All you can do is bring your talents to the plate with the right approach. If you do that I have nothing to complain about. I would argue it more.....but I have hard time trying to argue with anyone who is upset over the outcome. That was a great ball game today.....we lost to the Pre-Season #1 ranked team....and the top pitching team in the country.....and yet we still have tomorrow. Let's move on and show Binghampton what Husker baseball is all about! GBR!

Are you speaking of walks, errors and the ability to leave men on base in scoring position? It seem to be happening like a scratched record, lately.

Binghampton is here only because of their tournament. They don't belong.

We will defeat them! :dancebroc:

Are you speaking of walks, errors and the ability to leave men on base in scoring position? It seem to be happening like a scratched record, lately.

Remember, we did make the regional's! Don't be so hasty to cross us off. We should have no problem defeating Binghampton. They
do not belong here!

Cal State will beat us 2 out of 3 times without a doubt.. that is unless we get the hitting and at-bat decision making going. How many times did we see runners on base, and the batter takes the first pitch for a pop fly inning ending out? plenty of times in numerous games

Remember, we did make the regional's! Don't be so hasty to cross us off. We should have no problem defeating Binghampton. They
do not belong here!

As I said, if you walk batters, make stupid errors, get behind in the pitch count, leave missed opportunities with runners on base, anyone can beat you, regardless of if they belong there or not. It is the structure of the game. You cannot play seven innings of good baseball and implode in innings 8 and 9.

I hope, for the sake of the players, they can win today. They need a confidence builder.

Cal State will beat us 2 out of 3 times without a doubt.. that is unless we get the hitting and at-bat decision making going. How many times did we see runners on base, and the batter takes the first pitch for a pop fly inning ending out? plenty of times in numerous games

I didn't see anything in the game that would support this claim HB. The Huskers played Cal heads up the entire game. Take a look at what happened. Chance out-pitched their ace, we out hit them as well. We fielded just as good as them if not better.

The game turned on a fielding error at 1b by AC, a lazy grounder over second, another easy grounder at 3b that pegged the base and popped into the air. Then Josh left a fastball a little up and in with one of their most powerful hitters. 9 out of 10 times these things wouldn't happen. Especially the fielding error at 1b, and the ball nailing the bag at 3rd. We would have been out of that inning, and Josh Roeder wouldn't have even been in the game to throw that one ill fated pitch. Not 2 out of 3 by any stretch of the imagination.

Remember, the Huskers are the two seed, and got into the tourney after a good 40 win season. Cal is a three seed that nearly screwed their chances of getting in by playing poorly a good share of the season. Don't get me wrong here, Cal Fullerton is a fine BB team. They have a good pitching staff. The Huskers are also a good BB team, and certainly have their own strengths and weaknesses.

We are probably not a CWS team this year. But we can play heads up with many teams in the tournament. Fullerton included. I'll take that this season!

:gobigred:

I didn't see anything in the game that would support this claim HB. The Huskers played Cal heads up the entire game. Take a look at what happened. Chance out-pitched their ace, we out hit them as well. We fielded just as good as them if not better.

The game turned on a fielding error at 1b by AC, a lazy grounder over second, another easy grounder at 3b that pegged the base and popped into the air. Then Josh left a fastball a little up and in with one of their most powerful hitters. 9 out of 10 times these things wouldn't happen. Especially the fielding error at 1b, and the ball nailing the bag at 3rd. We would have been out of that inning, and Josh Roeder wouldn't have even been in the game to throw that one ill fated pitch. Not 2 out of 3 by any stretch of the imagination.

Remember, the Huskers are the two seed, and got into the tourney after a good 40 win season. Cal is a three seed that nearly screwed their chances of getting in by playing poorly a good share of the season. Don't get me wrong here, Cal Fullerton is a fine BB team. They have a good pitching staff. The Huskers are also a good BB team, and certainly have their own strengths and weaknesses.

We are probably not a CWS team this year. But we can play heads up with many teams in the tournament. Fullerton included. I'll take that this season!

:gobigred:

I did!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back