• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Cal Graduate Transfer WR Kanawai Noa Is N

While I am glad for the addition of a proven WR it does give me pause.

I remember somewhere around spring practice 8 or 9 that Walters flat out said that some of those WRs had been here a while and weren’t getting it done, and if they didn’t step up their game he would have to go out and find a new guy. I doubt that comment was directed at Andre Hunt, so I am thinking its Williams, Woodyard, and McQuitty.

That WR room might be in a little worse shape than I had thought.

Yes, I know the Calvary is on the way but more than ever I am holding out hope that the TEs get involved a lot more and maybe take some heat of what at this moment appears to be a less than stellar group of play-makers.

Last edited:

I remember somewhere around spring practice 8 or 9 that Walters flat out said that some of those WRs had been here a while and weren’t getting it done, and if they didn’t step up their game he would have to go out and find a new guy. I doubt that comment was directed at Andre Hunt, so I am thinking its Williams, Woodyard, and McQuitty.

Yes, I know the Calvary is on the way but more than ever I am holding out hope that the TEs get involved a lot more and maybe take some heat of what at this moment appears to be a less than stellar group of play-makers.
Might just be some tough coaching. Pushing his guys to be better

It's possible that no one else is stepping up. It could also be that Walters wants another guy with proven success opposite Spielman. Someone else to help the newer/younger guys along. Guess we'll find out soon. Season can't get here soon enough!

Thanks for posting this, as that sounds very promising indeed. One thing you can help me with, I've either forgotten, or never really knew, but why can't the coaches coach at the moment? I'm to lazy to look it up.
Listed at 6-foot, 200 pounds, Noa has been working out with QBs and going against the defensive backs in seven-on-seven work – which coaches can’t watch in the summer.

Thanks for posting this, as that sounds very promising indeed. One thing you can help me with, I've either forgotten, or never really knew, but why can't the coaches coach at the moment? I'm to lazy to look it up.
Coaches are only allowed so many hours with the team. In the summer I believe they can do film time and discussions. They can not go out on the field and actually coach.

Coaches are only allowed so many hours with the team. In the summer I believe they can do film time and discussions. They can not go out on the field and actually coach.

They are allowed eight hours per week which includes two hours for football related meetings or film review. Provided they are enrolled in summer school or have a minimum GPA

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back