• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Caesar's give us 6 wins this year!

In the big scheme of things, completely agree.

In the context of where we've been, I think 6 is the absolute bare minimum for SF. It means extra practices and a bowl. Perhaps then get to 7 wins. The narrative begins to change.

If we only win 5 games this year, SF will truly be feeling some heat, and deservedly so. His team needs to play smarter, and harder. Be tougher.
I'm more in the camp that if we only win 5 this year SF should flat out be packing his bags. No real improvement in year 4 (yes, I know there was a COVID year) shouldn't get you an open invitation for a 5th year. Something isn't clicking right, 4 years is enough to figure it out. It's not like we're playing top 10 teams week in and week out - we've lost some real head scratchers. And I completely agree with the team needing to play smarter, harder and be tougher. All that starts with coaching.

CTB, JoJo, Deontai, et al didn't come back to win 6 games.

68 days and we can put an end to this silly talk.
They’ll need to carry the team.

No returning WR, no returning RB, poor/inconsistent QB and O line, poor fundamentals, poor second half adjustments… The D is going to have to be huge this year for us to get to 6 wins.

I’m mildly confident in the D to get us there until I look at our offense. I’m really hoping the D comes up big and we can get to 6 wins.

No returning WR, no returning RB, poor/inconsistent QB and O line, poor fundamentals, poor second half adjustments… The D is going to have to be huge this year for us to get to 6 wins.

I’m mildly confident in the D to get us there until I look at our offense. I’m really hoping the D comes up big and we can get to 6 wins.
I heard the bus driver is in the portal

What the line tells me is that Vegas knows we're going to get to 5. They didn't build a city in the middle of the desert off of losing.
That isn't how this works. The wins number is adjusted to get essentially equal amounts of money on the "over" and the "under." Vegas doesn't really want to take a position, they just want their 10% or so cut, the vigorish, aka "the vig."

Last edited:
That isn't how this works. The wins number is adjusted to get essentially equal amounts of money on the "over" and the "under." Vegas doesn't really want to take a position, they just want their 10% or so cut, the vigorish, aka "the vig."
That's definitely how Vegas usually works. I'm not sure these "lines" fluctuate much so they really need to get it right. In the past it's amazed me how well they've done on these early predictions.

I'm not an AM hater and think he has very real upside IF Toure and Manning play a full season.

Last edited:
I'm aware. My point is that the total is high enough that Vegas knows smart people are going to bet the unders and Husker fans will always go on the over.

Oliver Martin is back abd looks to be improving. Manning and Toure are nothing but potential at this point but I feel better about them than I did our starters last season. I knew before the season started last year we where in trouble at wide receiver. I kept reading how Warner could be our best guy last spring. Of course that was also because Manning couldn’t play. Running back I don’t understand why we don’t have someone errant there.

Now offensive line is different. Two of our starters last season where redshirt freshman. Jurgens was in his second year at center after gaining a ton of weight. I don’t care what anyone on here says, Nebraska was and still is young on the offensive line. My dad used to say look at a teams lines before the season, if they have a bunch of Juniors and Seniors they will be good this year. Obviously Alabama, Ohio st, Clemson, and other top programs just plug and play. This year three of our linemen will have some real experience as starters. I think that’s where the biggest development will happen. Remember I’m also the guy that told you the Davis twins weren’t that good and big Ty Robinson would be better. I’m wrong a lot but usually not about the lines.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back