• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

C. J. Wilcher, 6-5, 195 lbs, G, Xavier Transfer - Is 'N'

Our roster would be quite different again! Third year in a row. But I think the new ones will be upgrades

These may be some things you Don't know about our latest Commit! ;)

Matt Abdelmassih had originally offered Wilcher at both St John's and Nebraska.

At this moment Wilcher would have to redshirt unless granted a waiver. However, he might be immediately eligible if the NCAA puts a one-time transfer exception rule into place. Wilcher will have 4 years of eligibility left.

Over at Xavier head coach Travis Steele also felt Wilcher had strong shooting ability when recruiting him initially. ‘C.J. is the best shooter that I saw in the class of 2020 in the entire country. C.J. can make shots from all over the floor, whether in the post, off the catch or off the dribble,’ he said when the four-star initially signed

I don't think it's that different... UNL won't have Teddy Allen, and possibly not Thorbjarnarson, but the starters from the end of the year are back PLUS another McGowan.

Oh yeah, I still hate Xavier.

Welcome aboard CJ!
Agree...it won't be the major overhall like the last two years. Much more stability and familiarity with each other and the system coming back.

Shooters of this size and caliber don’t grow on trees. If this kid comes in ready to work hard, especially in defense, he’s going to make an impact.

Man...the thing about Hoiberg is that if you don’t establish yourself in 18 months, your getting recruited over. That’s a good thing, especially in basketball. I wish Frost had that mentality a little more. Then again, football is a different animal.

Last edited:

The kid has a nice looking stroke. Doesn't look super athletic but he is certainly put together. It would be fun if he can convince his 5 star little brother to join him in two years.

Sounds encouraging!

It should also be noted that Wilcher's younger brother is Simeon Wilcher, a 2023 five-star point guard at Roselle Catholic who is ranked the No. 8 player in the country.

Wilcher said the recruiting process to get his younger brother to join him in Lincoln had already begun.

"It's started already," Wilcher said. "I just talked to him about it this morning. I played with my brother my senior year of high school, and that was probably the best experience, basketball-wise, that I've ever had in my life.

"That's something I would like to do at the college level, to be able to make his transition as easy as I possibly can like I did for his freshman year of high school. So the recruitment has started already. I talked to him about it this morning, and I'm probably going to talk to him about it tonight."

Mcgowens, Mcgowens, Wilcher, Wilcher, and Breidenbach!! Sounds like a good lineup except Trey will probably be graduated by then!

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back