• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bye Week Presser: Tuesday 20 September With Coach Joseph 11:30 AM CDT

MJ's frankness while remaining collegial is refreshing. Even the way he is authentic when speaking about his players' performance is refreshing... saying things so matter-of-factly leads you to feel that his relationships with his players must be rock solid. They obviously know/respect his view(position, therefore the frankness of his comments is expected and shared.

I see more and more why players (and likely his assistants) like and respect him. Clarity in what he expects. Consistency in how he treats people. No candy-coating. No surprises. And takes/demonstrates full accountability and discipline. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
MJ's frankness while remaining collegial is refreshing. Even the way he is authentic when speaking about his players' performance is refreshing... saying things so matter-of-factly leads you to feel that his relationships with his players must be rock solid. They obviously know/respect his view(position, therefore the frankness of his comments is expected and shared.

I see more and more why players (and likely his assistants) like and respect him. Clarity in what he expects. Consistency in how he treats people. No candy-coating. No surprises. And takes/demonstrates full accountability and discipline. :thumbsup:
That's my story and sticking to it! That's MJ. ;)

If you value "what you see is what you get" from a coach, MJ is your guy. If he can get a little positivity flowing and let these kids see that good things can happen, build some more belief, they can salvage something out of this season. I think, regardless of what the final record looks like this year and whether or not he's still here next year, after listening to him the few times he's been in front of the podium, there is no doubt in my mind that he's what is needed right now

If you value "what you see is what you get" from a coach, MJ is your guy. If he can get a little positivity flowing and let these kids see that good things can happen, build some more belief, they can salvage something out of this season. I think, regardless of what the final record looks like this year and whether or not he's still here next year, after listening to him the few times he's been in front of the podium, there is no doubt in my mind that he's what is needed right now
And potentially more.
Whatever happens with MJ, this exposure of who he is, what he can do will pay him dividends

Doubt MJ is going to be our next HC simply because of circumstances beyond his control. Nebraska is probably looking for someone with a proven track record with HC credentials. Assuming MJ handles things well this interim HC thing however could be a great audition. I can see him getting a HC job for a smaller program then Nebraska to start out. Perhaps a good FCS school that needs a good coach, excellent recruiter and most important a person with a ton of integrity.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back