• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bye Week Practice (11/6/19) Coach Frost

I realize Frost can't be overly technical but I'd like to hear more football specifics in his pressors. Perhaps talking about the reasoning behind some play calls, what opponents have been doing both sides of the ball. How about specifically what are the coaches working on to improve pass protection, getting a pass rush, etc.

I've reached the point where platitudes like, " we need to work harder or we need to improve" are self evident after 9 games and 5 losses. We have fans that understand the game for the most part and none of this stuff is rocket science. I'm tired of coaches inferring it just to complicated for average fans to understand. Remember when Cally talked down to the fans with his infamous comment "it's just to complicated to explain"? That went over like a pregnant pole vaulter and got him labled as pompus azz hat. I always enjoyed Steve Spurriers pressors because he actually talked technical football and was completely honest regarding his teams performance be it good or bad!

Bottom line for me if pressors are simply going to be carbon copies of 30 other pressors why bother?

It seems to me that Pressors aren’t one of SF’s priorities. Like you, I’m asking myself “why bother” too. Maybe, however, it’s SF’s strategy to keep things close to the vest a this point for the good of this years team and/or the long term well being of the program. If so, he’s likely not going to divulge the things that might be of interest to us as fans but be harmful in his eyes.

I’d love to have more information but, personally, I trust SF‘s judgement and am willing to be on a “need to know” basis longer than I’d like in hopes he can get this program turned in the right direction.

It seems to me that Pressors aren’t one of SF’s priorities. Like you, I’m asking myself “why bother” too. Maybe, however, it’s SF’s strategy to keep things close to the vest a this point for the good of this years team and/or the long term well being of the program. If so, he’s likely not going to divulge the things that might be of interest to us as fans but be harmful in his eyes.

I’d love to have more information but, personally, I trust SF‘s judgement and am willing to be on a “need to know” basis longer than I’d like in hopes he can get this program turned in the right direction.

Isn't he contractually obligated to meet with the media weekly?

I realize Frost can't be overly technical but I'd like to hear more football specifics in his pressors. Perhaps talking about the reasoning behind some play calls, what opponents have been doing both sides of the ball. How about specifically what are the coaches working on to improve pass protection, getting a pass rush, etc.

I've reached the point where platitudes like, " we need to work harder or we need to improve" are self evident after 9 games and 5 losses. We have fans that understand the game for the most part and none of this stuff is rocket science. I'm tired of coaches inferring it just to complicated for average fans to understand. Remember when Cally talked down to the fans with his infamous comment "it's just to complicated to explain"? That went over like a pregnant pole vaulter and got him labled as pompus azz hat. I always enjoyed Steve Spurriers pressors because he actually talked technical football and was completely honest regarding his teams performance be it good or bad!

Bottom line for me if pressors are simply going to be carbon copies of 30 other pressors why bother?
Another thing I liked about Steve Spurrier was that if his number one quarterback wasn’t getting it done he would sit his butt on the bench.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back