• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Buying tickets outside stadium?

I'm an old guy and uncomfortable with electronic ticketing. This season I had to have my daughter help me with every CWS ticket just for my use. Same with the Creighton basketball and baseball tix. For many years I've sold extra tickets for the Husker games often on Max's ticket page and on the way to the stadium. I doubt I can do that any more. I'll have to try to learn the new tricks, but I'm an awfully old dog.

I don’t think they will ever go back to paper tix anywhere, so I would learn if you can. It takes some getting used to, but it works pretty slick. As long as you have a smart phone, you are good.

I think Lincoln will print tix at an extra cost. They know they can’t just make this huge switch without consideration for their older fan base. I would think they’d communicate how this will all go soon. Tix usually go out in 2 weeks.

Might be a different situation this year with electronic ticketing for games.
Although things were a lot different last year, with covid, I don’t remember seeing anyone selling tickets outside the stadium at the OU games. OU went totally electronic ticket last year and that might have been a big reason also.

I'm an old guy and uncomfortable with electronic ticketing. This season I had to have my daughter help me with every CWS ticket just for my use. Same with the Creighton basketball and baseball tix. For many years I've sold extra tickets for the Husker games often on Max's ticket page and on the way to the stadium. I doubt I can do that any more. I'll have to try to learn the new tricks, but I'm an awfully old dog.
Bucky, I have no doubt you can navigate the electronic tickets. As for selling extras if NU is set up like OU you will be able to transfer tickets to other people. The WCWS was all electronic ticket this year and I sold my extras through the NCAA ticket broker AXS.

Last edited:
So, basically what I am reading is buying tickets on the street before the game is a dead practise now. Thats unfortunate. By waiting close to kickoff I have scored some amazing seats I wouldn't ordinarily had access to. My 6 yr old son is the last of my 4 kids who's never been to a husker game and that is due to change this season. My 3 older girls learned plenty over the years tagging along watching their dad go back and forth haggeling with scalpers over ticket location and prices. I was looking forward to showing my son how to do that just like my best friends dad taught us boys 25+ yrs ago. I really enjoyed the whole process....

Last time I went the scalper offered me $10 to take a ticket
5h9ycj.gif

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Season ticket holders just received an email saying we could opt for paper tickets this year. So, while they still want to move to electronic, Trev is still letting us do it the old way for at least another go around.

Some older folks didn't purchase smartphone including me. I tried to buy Rangers/Twins ticket via VividSeats (or StubHub) but I can't. Required smartphone to gain entry (Ranger-Twins game).

It was done for the CWS. In fact, people who paid more for generic paper tix could NOT sell them in person even to scalpers because of the fear of counterfeits. There were a couple of Old guys tailgating with us who said they could not give paper tix away. You can easily transfer electronic tix.

CWS switched to Ticketmaster this year; they have an NCAA platform and it worked well. I bet this is what NU will use as well.

Ticketmaster sure made out well with that CWS deal. Mandatory fees on every transaction.

Some older folks didn't purchase smartphone including me. I tried to buy Rangers/Twins ticket via VividSeats (or StubHub) but I can't. Required smartphone to gain entry (Ranger-Twins game).
My dad still has a 3g flip phone, lets see him try and get in. I'm glad they offered the paper ticket version no matter how simple the ticket is. I still don't trust tech enough, sorry but that is just me.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back