• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Buying tickets outside stadium?

Now imagine that coming out of Trev Albert's mouth.....
It is kind of a big deal.

I understand your thoughts.

image-asset.jpeg

Why would you do that? If you have electronic, you cannot also have paper.

I've had many airline tickets where I've had the mobile app barcode on my phone along with a paper ticket with the same barcode. A backup so to say.

Would the gate scanner at the stadium not recognize and have the ability to scan either one?

If they do? I seriously don't know? That would make selling tickets outside the stadium business as usual.

That's why I'm asking.

Last edited:
I've had many airline tickets where I've had the mobile app barcode on my phone along with a paper ticket with the same barcode. A backup so to say.

Would the gate scanner at the stadium not recognize and have the ability to scan either one?

If they do? I seriously don't know? That would make selling tickets outside the stadium business as usual.

That's why I'm asking.
I have had that too with concert tickets. But with CWS tix, you did not have the ability to print that barcode because the tickets are delivered within an ap...they are NOT emailed to you directly. You access them via the app. It also says in the app that you cannot print these as they cannot be scanned any way other than your phone. Maybe Lincoln will do that differently but I doubt it.

I have had that too with concert tickets. But with CWS tix, you did not have the ability to print that barcode because the tickets are delivered within an ap...they are NOT emailed to you directly. You access them via the app. It also says in the app that you cannot print these as they cannot be scanned any way other than your phone. Maybe Lincoln will do that differently but I doubt it.

Oh, OK....

Gotcha.

Thanks.

Oh, OK....

Gotcha.

Thanks.
Wanted to also mention that with concert tickets and airline tickets, the app or platform gives you a print option. With the CWS they did not. I was confused about this initially as well because there are other apps that provide functionality. Since that was thru NCAA/Ticketmaster, I would assume it will function the same in Lincoln. We will see. Since our fan base is pretty old, they might let you print at home. I think that lends itself to issues as well. We should know soon.

It all seems like a scam to force you to get the app. That's what I don't like about it, not to mention the privacy aspects. Like a store offering a discount if you buy stuff via their app or rewards program. Sounds great 'til you realize they're tracking your shopping habits.

True story. I buy my tickets (in hard form, actually holding them in my hand) from a HS buddy's wife, he is a UNL staff member (via an extension office) for basically any game I want. For the Bethune-Cookman game, another one of our classmates and I were going (I always buy both her tickets). This time it was electronic and I believe she sent me a code or number that I had to give the on call window(?) or something like that? All I know is I didn't have the tix in my hand as there wasn't time to get them from her physically (we live 7 hours apart). She did something on line but when we got there and went to the window, the "code" didn't work. Don't ask me how, but my buddy who I took to the game (not the buddy of the UNL employee, just a buddy who graduated with me and the UNL employee's husband) knew the person in the window we were at and she let him go in and they called the wife and somehow got a hold of her and "fixed" the problem. We then got to watch the game. Seems to me she "double hit" a button or something like that.

I say all of this because this is the 1st time I ever dealt with an electronic ticket and it FAILED initially. I am sure it is better now but I am still hoping to get her tickets in my hand. Plus it gives me an excuse to eat at Ricardo's in Norfolk (near where she and my buddy lives...the buddy I took lives like a mile from the stadium)!!!!

It all seems like a scam to force you to get the app. That's what I don't like about it, not to mention the privacy aspects. Like a store offering a discount if you buy stuff via their app or rewards program. Sounds great 'til you realize they're tracking your shopping habits.
Well, every app or device has that issue. Data is the most valuable currency in the world. Remember, Lincoln has a printed ticket option, albeit a generic printed ticket. So you aren’t really forced to use electronic. And if you are tech-inclined, you can turn off the tracking in the app.

Well, every app or device has that issue. Data is the most valuable currency in the world. Remember, Lincoln has a printed ticket option, albeit a generic printed ticket. So you aren’t really forced to use electronic. And if you are tech-inclined, you can turn off the tracking in the app.
It's called "freemium" -- suck them in with a free app, then stick 'em with "but you could get so much more if..."

True story. I buy my tickets (in hard form, actually holding them in my hand) from a HS buddy's wife, he is a UNL staff member (via an extension office) for basically any game I want. For the Bethune-Cookman game, another one of our classmates and I were going (I always buy both her tickets). This time it was electronic and I believe she sent me a code or number that I had to give the on call window(?) or something like that? All I know is I didn't have the tix in my hand as there wasn't time to get them from her physically (we live 7 hours apart). She did something on line but when we got there and went to the window, the "code" didn't work. Don't ask me how, but my buddy who I took to the game (not the buddy of the UNL employee, just a buddy who graduated with me and the UNL employee's husband) knew the person in the window we were at and she let him go in and they called the wife and somehow got a hold of her and "fixed" the problem. We then got to watch the game. Seems to me she "double hit" a button or something like that.

I say all of this because this is the 1st time I ever dealt with an electronic ticket and it FAILED initially. I am sure it is better now but I am still hoping to get her tickets in my hand. Plus it gives me an excuse to eat at Ricardo's in Norfolk (near where she and my buddy lives...the buddy I took lives like a mile from the stadium)!!!!
I feel like I should have bought a ticket to read all of that !

Not only do I still right checks I also pay actual cash for most things. I don't know about others but my cousin who does everything electronically, had had his identity stolen numerous times. I am 50 but very old school.
I'm 55, I have checks, but seldom use them anymore but I do still use cash frequently. My 27 year old son got a new phone case that served as a card holder as well. When I asked him about ditching his wallet he said he did. After looking it over I asked him where he kept his cash. He looked at me like I was from Mars. My mother is 75 and can't use a smart phone or send a text.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back