• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Buying tickets outside stadium?

Scalper counterfeit tickets

MayESOn.jpg

King of the Hill episode Suite Smells of Excess

Ticketmaster sure made out well with that CWS deal. Mandatory fees on every transaction.
Every platform the CWS used previously charged the same way. Flashseats initially and then PrimeSports. Not a new policy unfortunately. The sellers are not charged fees, only buyers.

I think this will be a courtesy this year and then all electronic moving forward. A retired doc at our tailgate bought an iPhone just to manage his football tix.

It should still be possible to buy tickets outside, it's just different than it used to be.

Option 1 - eTickets are generally available in PDF format that can be opened via your email, right? If you buy an eTicket outside the stadium, the seller can email you the eTicket PDF right there on the spot and you can confirm receipt.

Option 2 - After you buy your ticket(s) outside the stadium, follow the seller up to the gate and have them provide the eTicket right to the reader at the gate.

In both of the above cases, there are opportunities to get scammed, but this was also just as true with paper tickets... which were also easy to forge if the bad guy was sufficiently motivated. I'm not convinced that the risk is any different or worse than it was before.

All that said, I'm not a fan of going all electronic, I'm too old fashioned. Always preferred buying paper tickets outside. :)

Serious question...

The people wanting to sell their tickets would probably make sure they have a paper copy in hand before attempting to sell?

The only snag would be the gate not accepting paper?

Right?

Serious question...

The people wanting to sell their tickets would probably make sure they have a paper copy in hand before attempting to sell?

The only snag would be the gate not accepting paper?

Right?
Why would you do that? If you have electronic, you cannot also have paper.

Is it different than airline tickets where you can have both?
Yes it is. You cannot scan electronic/paperless tix. That’s how it was for the CWS anyway which was handled thru the NCAA/Ticketmaster. The bar code was only valid on your phone.

Just great, if there was one way to make sure the sellout streak ended then this is it. What a time to make it harder, even if it is just slightly, to go watch a game in person.

If people want to go to the games they will figure it out. If not they will just stay home…simple as that.

tenor.gif

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back