• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Burkhead with a great special teams play

The Patriots have feasted on the ineptness of the Jets, Bills and Dolphins over the last decade and a half. Everyone goes through cycles but some of the Patriots success has to be how they dominated the AFC East for almost 2 decades.
The stats say otherwise. Since 2003, the Patriots winning percentage is nearly identical (78.8% vs 78.6%) when comparing AFC East vs. Non AFC East teams. This is actually a flawed and lazy argument amongst Patriots haters. They are equal opportunity arse kickers. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

The stats say otherwise. Since 2003, the Patriots winning percentage is nearly identical (78.8% vs 78.6%) when comparing AFC East vs. Non AFC East teams. This is actually a flawed and lazy argument amongst Patriots haters. They are equal opportunity arse kickers. :thumbsup:
You are not looking at it correctly ... your response does not have sufficient data.

Since 2002 the Bills, Dolphins and Jets have a combined 355 wins. They've averaged 7.4 wins per season. That means the three teams have averaged a 7-9 record since 2002. Those three teams combined have 7 playoff wins over that time.

Last time someone other than NEP won the AFC East? 2008 Miami Dolphins 11-5. Last time before that 2002 NY Jets 9-7.

Its not a lazy argument its a factual argument. When you are playing 6 of your 16 regular season games against teams who've collectively have the 14th, 18th and 25th best records in the NFL since 2002. It is a factual argument.

When you are playing 6 of your 16 regular season games against teams who've collectively have the 14th, 18th and 25th best records in the NFL since 2002. It is a factual argument.
No, I'm looking at it correctly. The Patriots are equally successful against the rest of the NFL as opposed to their divisional opponents. Did you ever think what life would be like if the Patriots weren't in the AFC East? I guarantee there would be more playoff appearances for those other teams . People simply refuse to accept that this team can be so dominant in an era when dominance shouldn't exist. In the end, they still have to go through the toughest teams in the league to capture those championships. Discounting what they've accomplished is mere sour grapes.

Last edited:
No, I'm looking at it correctly. The Patriots are equally successful against the rest of the NFL as opposed to their divisional opponents. Did you ever think what life would be like if the Patriots weren't in the AFC East? I guarantee there would be more playoff appearances for those other teams . People simply refuse to accept that this team can be so dominant in an era when dominance shouldn't exist. In the end, they still have to go through the toughest teams in the league to capture those championships. Discounting what they've accomplished is mere sour grapes.
If the Pats were in the NFC East or NFC Central or AFC Central where they'd have to contend with the Cowboys or Giants or Packers or Vikings or Steelers or Ravens ... they would not have won as many division titles. They wouldn't have had the 1st or 2nd best conference record which would have garnered them a 1st round bye as many times as they have.

Are the Patriots the best team (dynasty) since 2002? The facts certainly support that case. Have they done so playing in the weakest of 6 divisions since 2002? The facts certainly support that case as well.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back