• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Burkhead Free Agent

Rex just put a move on steeler defenders that left them on the ground grasping air.... Pats are kicking azzz....

See, this is another one of those games where it would be cool if both teams could lose. Having said that though, here's to the Pat's just crushing the db's of Puttsburg.

Rex just put a move on steeler defenders that left them on the ground grasping air.... Pats are kicking azzz....

Reminded me when the two A&M players had him dead at the LOS and he left them both picking up their jocks as he gained 10+.

Never going to be a home run hitter....but 0-15 yards there are not many better athletes.....and Billy saw and knows it and is why he is a Pat.

No one in the NFL scouts better and puts players constantly in positions where their talents are at the Pats advantage in a play. Brilliant coaching....people can hate them but they are the best at what they do.

Last edited:

Patriots look like they haven't skipped a beat and now they're adding AB. Smh.

Was a great way to open the season and celebrate their 6th SB championship. I know the haters well be hating but that's a team that's been put together and coached the right way for a long time imo. Rex looked as good as I've seen since he's been with the Pats. It's a long season and anything can and usually does in the NFL. The Pats however served notice they will be a tough out once again this season..........

According to the Pats web site these are Rex's stats for this game:

8 carries for 44 yards = 5.5 avg [11 yards longest]
5 receptions for 41 yards = 8.2 avg [17 yards longest]

Great game for Rex.
:Corn2:

It will be interesting to see how much he plays when Brown arrives.

Last edited:

Great game for Rex.

His "playing time" will not be affected by AB's arrival. Each week, he is used differently based on the game plan. That wont change regardless who is playing at the X or Z.

If anything, I see an opportunity for more rushing yards as teams will have to gameplan to stop the three headed monster of Edelman, Gordon, and AB. Rushing and short passing opportunities will be even more abundant.

Last edited:

Great game for Rex.

This is what makes him amazing though.

Look at the yards after contact and the missed tackles.... yes he is that good in tight space.

3 missed tackles forced and 4.75 yards after contact.

Attachments

• 562DAFDF-2546-4AAA-BC67-CE556860B912.png
    562DAFDF-2546-4AAA-BC67-CE556860B912.png
    138.6 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Rex has played himself into making extremely nice paychecks. Could not be happier for him as he truly deserves it after playing himself into being the consummate team player! Also great he's such a super supporter of Husker football and all his work on Childhood Cancer..... Just a class act...

Contract Notes
Rex Burkhead signed a three year, $9.75 million contract with the Patriots on March 15, 2018. Burkhead received $5.5 million fully guaranteed. The guarantee is made up of a $3 million signing bonus, a $1 million 2018 base salary, and $1.5 million of his 2019 base salary. There are $500,000 in per game roster bonuses in every year of the contract. Burkhead can earn an additional $3.75 million over the life of the contract via incentives.

Rex has made himself into a valuable contributor for Pats. He made a great run and catch in the Fish game. I believe Brady has a lot of confidence that Rex can get himself open in critical situations coming out of the backfield. Really nice to see of course and of course I'm also a huge Pats fan.......... :Lol:

Rex had anther good game against Jets. 11 rushes for 47 yards. 6 receptions for 22 yards. 1 TD.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back