• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Burkhead Free Agent

1601249050688.png

Burkhead was so underutilized during his time at Cincinnati - coach there seemed to play his "favorites". Rex didn't complain and did whatever was asked of him. In hindsight it was probably to his benefit - he avoided wear and tear on his body while playing on a crappy team. Glad to see now he's given an opportunity to shine and taking full advantage of it!

Baltimore Ravens vs New England Patriots; 11/15/2020 at Gillette Stadium
NE; 23....BR; 17

Rex Burkhead:
RUSHING
ATT-YDS--AVG--LG--TD
6----31---5.2-----9--- 0
PASS RECEIVING
TARs---REC-YDS--AVG--LG--TD
--5------4---35--- 8.8----24--- 2

Last edited:
Baltimore Ravens vs New England Patriots; 11/15/2020 at Gillette Stadium
NE; 23....BR; 17

Rex Burkhead:
RUSHING
ATT-YDS--LG--TD
31---5.2---9--- 0
PASS RECEIVING
REC-YDS--LG--TD
35-- 8.8--24--- 2
Rex is a very valuable contributor for the Pats and it's great to see him doing well. One of my favorite Huskers for many reasons one being a stand up citizen. I'd like to have him on this years Husker team.

Rex has become Belichick's Swiss Army knife. Really impressive.

Finally with a healthy line, the Pats put on a blocking clinic last night. Reminded me of the old school NU mentality.

I never thought he would last this long in the NFL. He's a valuable contributor for the Pats, and very reliable. Amazing. I'm not sure any other team would have recognized his skills and utilized them so well.

"Though he’s 30 years old and a free agent at season’s end, Burkhead is determined to make sure this isn’t a career-ending injury. In an earlier Instagram post, the veteran wrote “(I) look forward to attacking the process and coming back better than every in 2021.”

Rex Burkhead, RB, New England Patriots, NFL - CBSSports.com
January 8, 2021 09:52 AM
Patriots' Rex Burkhead: Set to become free agent
by RotoWire Staff | RotoWire

Jeff Howe of The Athletic suggests that Burkhead (knee) could be back with the Patriots next season.

The versatile running back, who's slated to become an unrestricted free agent, was having a solid season with the team prior to suffering a torn ACL in November. Given that context, there's no guarantee that Burkhead will be ready for the start of the 2021 campaign, so Howe believes that it could "make sense for both sides" to see the 30-year-old -- who spent the last four seasons with New England -- re-sign, then "open the season on the physically unable to perform list and see if he can contribute later."

Rex Burkhead Career Highlights top 5 back NFL draft 2013 - Bing video

Wish we had a back like Rex now! Good videos of his ability to juke, find the open hole, and power through tackles.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back