• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bunchie

Who is accepting mediocrity? The bottom line is there are people who think Hurts individual talent wouldn't over come the culture issues he brings with a transfer. It would be a negative perspective change to AM and any other QB and most likely their teamates too. Sometimes the subtraction of individual talent outweighs what they bring to the table. Our latest example of that was Greg Bell.
Seriously? You must be the straight guy for any comedy act thinking Jalen Hurts would challenge AM. Regardless of what we say here, it is AM s offense to lose.

Seriously? You must be the straight guy for any comedy act thinking Jalen Hurts would challenge AM. Regardless of what we say here, it is AM s offense to lose.
I know its Am's job to lose but actively going after Jalen Hurts because we always need to upgrade isn't the way to go. He has a bad attitude now because he isn't starting. What part of the mix would anyone be comfortable with bringing him in.

I know its Am's job to lose but actively going after Jalen Hurts because we always need to upgrade isn't the way to go. He has a bad attitude now because he isn't starting. What part of the mix would anyone be comfortable with bringing him in.
I already made that point earlier...trust me, it wont sink in. I gave up.:(

OF course not, JH is not coming to Nebraska because he has NOT ONE CHANCE IN HELL of getting the job

I wouldn't lose sleep if Hurts, Bunch, or <insert name here> started. I trust Frost will get the job done one way or another. I certainly won't wish for a guy that is all N to ever transfer. Not every contributing player on a team experiences meaningful playing time.

Last edited:
I wouldn't lose sleep if Hurts, Bunch, or <insert name here> started. I trust Frost will get the job done one way or another. I certainly won't wish for a guy that is all N to ever transfer. Not every contributing player on a team experiences meaningful playing time.

I'll admit, I'm still perplexed by your stance on Martinez.

If he was an upperclassmen who'd played the majority of the snaps in his two or three years in the program, I'd be concerned about some of his mistakes. Fact is, he's not, so I'm not. If there is zero improvement in the next two years, I might share some of your concern.

I'll admit, I'm still perplexed by your stance on Martinez.

If he was an upperclassmen who'd played the majority of the snaps in his two or three years in the program, I'd be concerned about some of his mistakes. Fact is, he's not, so I'm not. If there is zero improvement in the next two years, I might share some of your concern.
Exactly! Holding Martinez to the same standard as a three or four year vet is absurd to me, especially considering he didn't play his senior year.

No you don't.....trust Scott Frost. Scott Frost has been adamant from Day 1 about Martinez and you have been critical of that ever since he was named starter. You are fooling yourself....but not the rest of the board on whether you trust the most important position decision SF is making on the QB.

No you don't.....trust Scott Frost. Scott Frost has been adamant from Day 1 about Martinez and you have been critical of that ever since he was named starter. You are fooling yourself....but not the rest of the board on whether you trust the most important position decision SF is making on the QB.
We have a winnah!!!!!

Carry over from Bo days and somewhat Riley/Langs, both could not pick a starting QB if their lives depended on it.

I trust Frost gets the job done because the program requires it. If Frost didn't accept the challenge he'd never have come.

Hville is critical of me no matter what I opine, so his opinion means diddly squat. I could probably find examples of home badmouthing my praise of Ozigbo prior to his role in turning around the season. This just seems to be his personality, badmouthing any opinions that contradict what actually took place.

I'd rather win some games by 10-12 points where subs play liberally during the nonconference schedule than to pound a Bethune Cookman by 50. Build depth with those reps rather than egos. If you're good prove it against the Michigan and Ohio States of the conference. Meaningless statistics is merely feeding egos which I believe is why Osborne had a conscious mind to avoid focusing on individual glory.

Hville is critical of me no matter what I opine, so his opinion means diddly squat. I could probably find examples of home badmouthing my praise of Ozigbo prior to his role in turning around the season. This just seems to be his personality, badmouthing any opinions that contradict what actually took place.
I have only questioned one of your player opinions and that is of Martinez. You are on a public opinion board and constantly berating what is probably the most successful player on our team. I'm sorry you wanted Gebbia but your over the top constant berating of him......is not consistent with trusting SF to making the right decisions on the QB job.

I'd rather win some games by 10-12 points where subs play liberally during the nonconference schedule than to pound a Bethune Cookman by 50. Build depth with those reps rather than egos. If you're good prove it against the Michigan and Ohio States of the conference. Meaningless statistics is merely feeding egos which I believe is why Osborne had a conscious mind to avoid focusing on individual glory.
Not sure what any of this has to do with QB choices. I take it you seem to have a problem with SF and his game management. I think we saw a pretty huge improvement between the Michigan and Ohio State games this year. I have no problem believing that SF proved something at Ohio State this year. As per Osborn's conscious mind of feeding ego's......you are acting like SF IS trying to feed ego's.

I'm starting to wonder overall......if its more than Martinez you disapprove of and not Scott Frost also.

Last edited:
Considering you misrepresented every other point I've made, it's a small step to reach that conclusion in your mind.

Frost is feeding confidence. So far I've heard him only talk about development of health individuals. Over feeding ego development probably isn't the route he's talked about for obvious reasons.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back