• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Bubba's HS Football days end unexpectantly

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Bubba if he is chosen high enough where the big money bonuses are then i would be very surprised he comes to Lincoln since i dont see him turning down the money and i think he would be given the opportunity to come back to play if his baseball dreams dont pan out either way wish him all the best in the world pursuing his dreams

Just curious from those above, how many played football? Do you know if the family puts any value on a college education?

Bubba Starling will NEVER play football at Nebraska....or any other college.

This kid was just selected as the #1 high school baseball player in the nation.

He will, most likely, be the #1 pick in the baseball draft. This is what you get when you are the #1 pick:

2010: Bryce Harper signed a $9.9 million contract with the Washington Nationals.

2009: Stephen Strasburg signed for $15 million with the Nationals.

2008: Tim Beckham signed a contract with the Tampa Bay Rays that included a $6.25 million signing bonus.

2007: David Price signed an $11.25 million contract with the Rays.

2006: Luke Hochevar signed a contract with the Kansas City Royals that was worth nearly $9 million in contract and signing bonus.

See a trend? Bubba Starling choses baseball because it makes him an INSTANT millionaire. He choses to play college football he gets nothing....and the chance to be injured which will result in the end to all his dreams.

If this was my kid, he'd be playing baseball....period.

But you have to weigh this against the opportunity to play for the Husker baseball team.

Just curious from those above, how many played football? Do you know if the family puts any value on a college education?

He can buy one when his baseball career is over or go back and play football if baseball doesn't work out like quite a few other guys have.

If he's a 1-20 1st round pick. I don't see anyway he turns that down. As great of a football player as he is and as much as I'd love to see him in Lincoln, I would project he has a better professional future in baseball. And like Bilsker said...play a few years in the minors and if it's not working out go back and play football. I completely understand the importance of a college education, but it's not diminished if a person waits a few years. Plus Jamal Turner is an excellent recruit who seems to already bleed scarlet. We'll be more than fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back