• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Bubba's HS Football days end unexpectantly

Status
Not open for further replies.

hopefully not his last competitive football game (wish him well either way he decides to go baseball/football)

to run for 400 in your last football game ever is a pretty impressive way to go out

Bubba Starling will NEVER play football at Nebraska....or any other college.

This kid was just selected as the #1 high school baseball player in the nation.

He will, most likely, be the #1 pick in the baseball draft. This is what you get when you are the #1 pick:

2010: Bryce Harper signed a $9.9 million contract with the Washington Nationals.

2009: Stephen Strasburg signed for $15 million with the Nationals.

2008: Tim Beckham signed a contract with the Tampa Bay Rays that included a $6.25 million signing bonus.

2007: David Price signed an $11.25 million contract with the Rays.

2006: Luke Hochevar signed a contract with the Kansas City Royals that was worth nearly $9 million in contract and signing bonus.

See a trend? Bubba Starling choses baseball because it makes him an INSTANT millionaire. He choses to play college football he gets nothing....and the chance to be injured which will result in the end to all his dreams.

If this was my kid, he'd be playing baseball....period.

I don't see him as the #1 pick in the draft, but a 1st round pick for sure.

And he can use his Husker commitment as leverage for a considerable signing bonus.

He will, most likely, be the #1 pick in the baseball draft. This is what you get when you are the #1 pick:

2010: Bryce Harper signed a $9.9 million contract with the Washington Nationals.

2008: Tim Beckham signed a contract with the Tampa Bay Rays that included a $6.25 million signing bonus.

2006: Luke Hochevar signed a contract with the Kansas City Royals that was worth nearly $9 million in contract and signing bonus.

See a trend? Bubba Starling choses baseball because it makes him an INSTANT millionaire. He choses to play college football he gets nothing....and the chance to be injured which will result in the end to all his dreams.

+1

Just named Baseball America's #1 guy for this coming draft. That's one big reason to never come to Nebraska. If I were him, I'd go pro. Make the money now, go to school later. Never know what injury is gonna creep up.

Well its a good thing he's not your kid then huh? :Biggrin:

The thing about Bubba, he doesnt have the hype going into the draft that all the other top picks have had, and he's not even close to the consensus #1 pick either.....Ive looked at like 5 mock drafts, most of them have him around 10-15....he'll get a decent chunk of change, but it wont be near the $10 million range that the cant miss guys like Harper or Strasburg got

Oh NO! I hope NCAA doesn't monitor sites like ours for key words like: "Cash" Play football" can mods get this last post off before Auburn turns the investigation towards NU?

Last edited by a moderator:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back