• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Bubba on KC TWC Metro Sports tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Former Chiefs player Rich Baldinger does the color commentary, he said he was going to the game up in Lincoln tomorrow night and told Bo he was going to scout Bubba for him tonight. :)

They said his nickname Bubba came from his Mom and Aunt because he was a 10 pound baby and the name just stuck. Rich Joked that he may just call up Bo and bring him up with him tomorrow as "NU needs help at QB now".:rolleyes:

Said that Bubba really likes the coaching staff and that was the main reason he chose NU. They also said he wasn't to thrilled with NU moving to the Big Ten because of his family in Kansas. He wanted them to stay in the Big XII.

Just got a roughing the QB and Rich just dropped a Suh reference.

Talking about how Starling needs to get his pads down when he runs. He is tall and lean and has taken a few hits while running straight up. Said he may not last very long in the next level with that running style.

Just threw a 50 yrd pass off balance...perfect strike. Once again Rich says he's calling Bo and bringing him with him. Other guy said if he can throw a 90 Plus mph baseball guess he should have no problem throwing an off balance throw off the left foot 50 yrds right on target.

Nice 48 yd scamper for Bubba. Smooth runner for a 6'5" guy. Right after the run he puts up a beauty 29 yrd TD throw. Ran a slow mo on his arm release. Perfect over the top quick release. Perfect mechanics. Course then they talked about how much the MLB like that same release.

Funny lil' story... before the game they asked him to tell them something about himself that people wouldn't know. He said "You caught me off guard but I'm kinda a fan of the show The Bachelorette." "OoooKaaay". He said "They have a lot of very nice looking women on that show and I kinda enjoy watching them." Rich joked "Well he will probably have a few of those around him soon....ur uh nevermind his parents probably don't want to hear that." :)

Last edited:
Iggy, do the announcers ever give any kind of stat line on the guy? I never heard anything about his particulars..

Found this on http://varsity.kansascity.com/custom/game&t=box&game_id=9096

Scoring Summary:

GE: TD Bubba Starling 80 run (kick failed)
GE: TD Ryan Weber 9 run (Brett Jensen run)
GE: TD R Weber 6 run (Chase Lee kick)
BVW: TD Jordan Burgess 37 pass from Devin Rose (Alex Craven kick)
GE: TD B Jensen 7 run (C Lee kick)
GE: TD Austin Goldsmith 29 pass from Starling (C Lee kick)
GE: TD B Starling 8 run (C Lee kick)
GE: TD B Starling 42 interception return (C Lee kick)

Individual Stats:

Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT
GE: Bubba Starling 5/10 140 1 1
Rushing ATT YDS TD LG
GE: Bubba Starling 9 130 1 80
GE: Brett Jensen 15 114 1 28

Read more: http://varsity.kansascity.com/custom/game&t=box&game_id=9096#ixzz0yWyazuyx

uhh think they gave Bubba a little extra credit on the last two scores. I missed the GE: TD B Starling 42 interception return :)

Lets hope he turns out to be Turner Gill. I prefer to have a logjam at QB...depth = competition right? And that makes everyone better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back